noid fig

ttkidd(Toronto ON)September 7, 2013

Another plant update...

Here's a noid fig cutting I purchased a couple years ago. It had a small tuft of leaves on top of a ~3' stem:

I still have no idea what species this is. I thought it was triangularis at first, but the leaves are too elongated. Here it is now. A couple years after a trunk chop down to 4" and a more recent pruning:

If you know what it is, I'd love to know.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alisonoz_gw

I'm too enthralled by your view to concentrate on the fig

Bookmark   September 10, 2013 at 1:43AM
asleep_in_the_garden

I on the other hand actually had one of my own a long time ago. remembering it's name didn't come easy but with some digging I think I've found it.

Boxwood fig.

Ficus buxifolia. Ficus lingua.

HTH

This post was edited by asleep_in_the_garden on Tue, Sep 10, 13 at 7:48

Bookmark   September 10, 2013 at 7:43AM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL(8B AL)

Interesting plant. How high up are you, if you don't mind my asking? From what I can see of your city, it's beautiful!

Bookmark   September 10, 2013 at 11:50AM
ttkidd(Toronto ON)

Thanks everyone. I love the view too. I'm 30 floors up facing south-west over the shore of lake Ontario. Toronto gets a bad rap sometimes, especially from other Canadians, and even a lot of Torontonians, but I think it's beautiful.

asleep_in_the_garden: Thanks for the ID. The Ficus buxifolia is the closest to the leaf shape on my plant that I've seen yet.

Sorry for the late reply - I do appreciate the responses. For some reason message notifications aren't being delivered to my inbox.

Bookmark   September 16, 2013 at 4:24PM
asleep_in_the_garden

For the life of me I couldn't remember for the longest(worst part being that a million years ago I actually had one(wondering now if I knew the name then..maybe not? lol).

Glad to be of help man! :)

Bookmark   September 16, 2013 at 7:00PM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL(8B AL)

It may be something in your settings on GW (about the email notices, assuming you've checked the box at the bottom to receive the notices.)

What does your city get a bad rap about? The gossip hasn't reached this far, all I see is a beautiful city (though probably way too cold to consider a visit most of the year. Not your fault!)

Bookmark   September 17, 2013 at 9:07AM
ttkidd(Toronto ON)

Yeah, I checked the box at the bottom. They might be going to my spam folder, but I haven't been able to find anything in there yet.

It's just Canadian politics really. As far as most big cities go, Toronto is clean and very safe, and there's always stuff to do. Most people who spend time getting to know the city, at least those who don't have a problem with big cities in general, find that it's a great place to live. Picture Chicago with slightly less nice parks and architecture but a lot less crime.

Bookmark   September 20, 2013 at 9:22AM
More Discussions
Is my pothos dying?
I bought a beautiful verigated pothos a few weeks ago...
Avantika
Why does my anthirium want to commit suicide?
This is my anthirium and it is slowly dying? Judging...
sturmzie
Can anyone ID this tree?
It's about 8' tall, a normal 'tree shape'. We got it...
laura242424
Dying Calathea Plant
Hello all! I have recently started getting interested...
avanns
A lighter gritty mix and a 5-1-1 question
Hey, So I love gritty mix and only have a few plants...
hottomato99
Sponsored Products
'You Are a Blessing in this World' Candle
$17.99 | zulily
Vellux Sheared Mink Blanket
Overstock.com
Sunset Mango Bowls - Set of 3
| Dot & Bo
Mirror Image Fig Shells
Beyond Stores
Tutti frutti tablecloth
Origin Crafts