Hi all! Just thought I would show some things I have been experimenting with----caulking and coffee grounds for mushrooms.
On the first one I glued two rocks together using super glue, E6000 adhesive and caulking. I used the caulk also to make the gills. Then I spray painted it and highlighted the gills with acrylic paint.
The second two are made from, what I believe to be, drape tiebacks (TS find). I added caulk in a design on the green one and caulk and coffee grounds on the reddish one. At first I just pressed the coffee grounds into the caulk but had to later put clear adhesive and more coffee grounds. I spray painted and covered with an acrylic spray. The coffee grounds haven't been tested with time yet.
The other mushroom is one I made a long time ago from a light cover and a brass candle base.
The mushrooms are rustic, as I had wanted, and they will do. But I really just wanted to show the uses for caulk and coffee grounds. I had fabulous result with the grounds used on wood and applied with wood glue but that would be more for an indoor application.