Welcome to Our Coop

janetgia(5b IA)April 21, 2013

Here's a fun little picture from our old house. This area was at the foot of our front steps. (They are out of frame. The steps in the background actually go up to the deck.) The wire chicken was a Mother's Day gift about 10 years ago. Looks like she's holding a potted sweet potato vine. She's set in front of an old wooden chicken coop that was a junking find. I made the little Welcome sign; looks like potted mums in front of her. And, sticking up behind the chicken coop, those are my nemesis: silver maple tree shoots. The original silver maple tree was planted on the other side of the property. Its roots rambled just under and sometimes on top of the surface for yards and yards, sending up shoots every several feet. I battled them constantly, always trying to keep them clipped back, which of course only strengthened their resolve. I miss the gardening spaces at this house, but not the silver maples! Still have the wire chicken - she's getting a new paint job this year.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

She looks like she means business, guarding the "coop" Lovely coloring with the yellow flowers & green at back!! Nice pic! TFS Jan

Bookmark   April 22, 2013 at 6:13PM
More Discussions
Thinking of turning this old water faucet into a short light post
I figured removing the faucet itself...and adding a...
cadillactaste
A Birdhouse Trellis
Here is a birdhouse trellis I made this summer from...
kirkus
Changing Landscape part TWO
The time has come. A new idea is a must come spring....
arcy_gw
GJ Inspiration Albums on Photobucket
I've not been here in a long time, but thought I'd...
Purplemoon
Need to repurpose a leaking birdbath
Yesterday was one of the nicest days in ages; I could...
patty2430
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™