reindeer

bookjunky4life(5 Central IL)April 12, 2013

I'm buying two of these for $5, taking off the lights, and putting in the garden. Good idea? I see garden junk in everything. Almost scored a baker's rack for $5 a few weeks ago.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
arcy_gw

I have a family of similar deer. I also have cast of angels and a moose. They both have vines trained on them. Nothing better than an angel with a green leafy skirt or a moose with flowers in his antlers!!

Bookmark   April 13, 2013 at 6:18AM
bookjunky4life(5 Central IL)

Would sweet pea vine be appropriate? I am thinking they probably cannot handle too much weight.

Bookmark   April 13, 2013 at 9:04AM

I have decided to touch up the white paint on my deer and paint the antlers silver to add a little bling. I will post a photo when completed and placed in the garden.

Bookmark   April 14, 2013 at 9:38PM
Marlene Kindred

I've seen them covered with moss and used as a topiary or, like the others have said with vines trained on them as well. Good score!

Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 5:47PM
arcy_gw

We painted the moose brown..I pinned the legs down with bent re-bar--sort of like a hair pin deep in the ground. So far the clematis vine and wild maple vines are not too much for it. My deer are brown, we cut the lights off and they just live among the hosta. The vines on the angels are a wild maple vine/weed. I weave them in and around the skirt. I keep them from the wings or head....

Bookmark   April 15, 2013 at 7:51PM
illinoisdoglover(z5IL)

arcy: Would love to see a picture of your moose. Here are two of mine that I have rewired a few times and perhaps this will be the first year to stop. I love it when it used to light up since they are great ourdoor night lights. I never thought about having anything grow on it, of coarse they may not get enough sun. I read somewhere that you can wrap the deer in chicken wire then cover with hypertufa,,,,,,,sounds great to me.

Bookmark   April 16, 2013 at 1:56AM

Completed.

Bookmark   April 23, 2013 at 10:51PM

Completed deer.

Bookmark   April 23, 2013 at 10:53PM
More Discussions
Glass Totems at Longwood Garden
I was amazed to see several glass totem bird baths...
frankielynnsie
GJ Inspiration Albums on Photobucket
I've not been here in a long time, but thought I'd...
Purplemoon
Hi all
I couldn't edit the subject...sorry ... I was thinking...
msjay2u
Dehydrator trays
Does anyone have ideas for recycling food dehydrator...
hokypuk
Changing Landscape part TWO
The time has come. A new idea is a must come spring....
arcy_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™