Aspasragus fern turning yellow... :(

markyyySeptember 16, 2009

Hi, I've got this asparagus fern that sits on my table. I actually just got it recently, but parts of it is turning yellow. I've notcied some roots sticking out from below, is that a problem? I water it the soil dries (according to the instructions), is there a even better way? And why why is it turning yellow? Sunlight, water, or needs to be repotted? thanks a lot

P.S. Is there a season or something where it's supposed to turn yellow?

P.P.S. How long can they live normally?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tapla (mid-MI z5b-6a)

There are several plants with the common name 'asparagus fern'. It would be helpful if you could offer an exact identity. There are many possible causes of yellowing - over/under-fertilizing, over/under-watering caused by various reasons, tight roots, wrong light or sunburn, insects, disease, individual deficiencies, chemical toxicities .......

They can be divided, so there is no reason they couldn't outlive both/either of us.

Al

Bookmark   September 17, 2009 at 9:11AM
Mentha(9 CA)

They might just be losing leaves, my MIL's turns yellow this time of year due to climatic changes, but the above reasons need to be checked before I'd say so.

Bookmark   September 17, 2009 at 2:41PM
markyyy

thanks...i really don't know what my plant is, i'll try to get a picture... (thanks again)

i think it's this kind : http://img.hgtv.com/HGTV/2006/03/21/gby1209_2k_asparagus_fern_lg.jpg

Bookmark   September 18, 2009 at 1:18AM
More Discussions
What is wrong with my dieffenbachia?
It looks droopy. And leaves are yellowing one by one....
bluehaven_gweb
Hawaiian Schefflera - 'Haircut' & Propagate
In this Forum, where I have been for only 1 week, I...
bobv2
Christmas cactus help needed please!!
I inherited this plant from my uncle, he had it forever....
Stef Cunningham
Advice for my almost dead aglaonema
Please help me nurse this plant back. It was given...
Kelby Miller
What is this?
Noticed today that my 'perfect' Spider plant of the...
MrBlubs
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™