metal plate flower

mommyandme2May 21, 2013

I've made a few plate flowers with glass, but can't get ANY nice glass where I live now. On the other hand, the roadside rubbish is very interesting. This plate flower is constructed from a "silver" plate, an unidentified auto part & an aluminum tea light holder all of which was literally picked up while out walking. These 3 pieces were "glued" together with GE Silicone II. After a couple of days, I sprayed the whole thing with a clear coating.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kim546

Good job! That's great that you found the pieces while on a walk-free!!! I can't find any glass or tea cups either. I have a festival this weekend and that has used up the last of what I have.I am going to donate the odd clear pieces I didn't use and that's it for awhile.

Bookmark   May 21, 2013 at 8:29PM
laurastheme(8)

Great job. We have lots of glass here, but I haven't found much metal that would work for flowers.

Bookmark   May 21, 2013 at 10:14PM
mosswitch

There is a shortage of good glass here, too, not to mention forks and spoons at the thrift shops! Too much "garden junk" and Pinterest", lol! Everybody is snapping them up!

Great ideas. I have seen silver plate and metal pieces that would work, tho. Guess that bandwagon hasn't come by for crafters, yet as they are still out there.

Sandy

Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 9:10AM
Marlene Kindred

Great idea! Turned out beautifully too.

Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 8:55PM
More Discussions
Looking for fellow aussies - I've got glass to get rid of!
Hi Folk I started on the exciting journey of glass...
aussie_mum
Re purposing A Window
Hi, I just got all new windows for my house, and don't...
gabby811 6 NJ
Glass Totems at Longwood Garden
I was amazed to see several glass totem bird baths...
frankielynnsie
Flower Bed Bed Ideas
I was given two white plastic fence panels (similar...
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
Working with crushed gemstones
Maybe this is a question to a wrong forum, but I see...
briergardener_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™