Plant ID and Hello!

CorpsmanCooper(FL8b)October 1, 2011

Hello all! I'm not usually on this forum. I mostly hang out on the Cacti/Succulent forum and the Florida Gardening forum but I have a few house plants. I suppose you could actually call most of my Cacti and Succulents house plants since the majority of them need to come in during the winters here in North Florida (if you want to call it a winter). I have a conundrum. A fellow Florida gardener was gracious enough to send me a few plants and seeds. She sent me this beauty but I'm not sure as to what it is. She said she believes it to be a philodendron pink princess but I'm not so sure. I did a google search and that's not exactly what it looks like. Here's a picture. Can you help me with an ID?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

Hi CC,

I seem to be following you, I just answered you somewhere else.

I believe this is a Syngonium (an Aroid), I grow one in a vase of water in my bathroom. I'm not sure what kind of light for yours, am GUESSING bright indirect. Yours has nice colors, mine's plain green.

Bookmark   October 1, 2011 at 11:17AM
elkay_gw

I have one of these - I believe it's a Nephthytis "Holly"......Syngonium podophyllum.

The ID tag that came with it says "low light". That's a joke - it needs bright light for good pink color of the leaves.

I don't understand how they determine a plant needs "low light" or "medium light". I think they ALL should say "bright light"! :)

Bookmark   October 1, 2011 at 11:32AM
CorpsmanCooper(FL8b)

Hahaha yes it seems we are following each other! Thank you for the name! Now that I have the proper name I believe it's Syngonium 'Strawberry Cream'. Thanks!

Bookmark   October 1, 2011 at 11:45AM
More Discussions
Christmas cactus help needed please!!
I inherited this plant from my uncle, he had it forever....
Stef Cunningham
Planting Zones
I need to know the Zone for Toronto, Ontario, Canada....
bobv2
Unknown house plant
I bought this Exotic Angel plant at Home Depot and...
bouldergrower
Jasmine plant in suspended animation
Hi all, Hubby bought me a little jasmine plant for...
vamtngranny
String of Pearls
Here is a photo of what used to be a very healthy 'String...
bobv2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™