Bed frame project

nmgirl(8 S.NM)May 14, 2012

I picked up these bed frames at an estate sale quite a while back. I didn't know what I'd do with them but they were to good of a deal to pass up. I finally decided I'd use them as plant props/holder-uppers. I painted them light yellow 'cuz they were a shade of yellow originally and I had a little yellow paint leftover from another project. I put the huge bolt in the leg for more stability and I didn't want to bury the wood. I also took 4 tuna cans, punched a big hole the bottom and ran the bolt through it so the base of the wooden frame is actually resting on the upside down tuna can. The plants behind the frames are a drought tolerant Solidago (goldenrod). They're taller than the frames now, I think they like the little bit of shade the frames provide.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

They look great & much stronger than most of stuff you can buy today! Like the blue you have around & with the goldenrod I think it would look stunning! Jan

Bookmark   May 15, 2012 at 12:38AM
cnm1(6 Oh)

Oh- I should have bought that headboard I saw at the TS for 7.5!!!! Great idea - and your wall is amazing too!! I am going to borrow your idea for the bolt for some things in my garden. Thanks for the ideas!!

Bookmark   May 15, 2012 at 8:43PM
Marlene Kindred

Those look great Sylvia! They will look awesome with the goldenrod when it blooms too...the blue accents look good with the yellow too...and I love your stone wall!

Bookmark   May 15, 2012 at 9:15PM
jeannespines

Wonder plant stakes!!! I love the blue globes against the pale yellow, too & this will be really beautiful when the Goldenrod blooms! Nice recycling ...I have a pair of brown metal ones I haven't used yet (for a couple yrs) & tried them the other day in veggie garden for gourds to climb...but vetoed the idea...they need to be somewhere 'lovelier!' Tuna cans...good idea! Jeanne s.

Bookmark   May 16, 2012 at 11:34AM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

they look so pretty in the garden.
Kathy

Bookmark   May 17, 2012 at 7:16PM
sorie6(6b ok.)

Great idea. Your garden is pretty too.

Bookmark   May 22, 2012 at 10:08PM
More Discussions
GJ Inspiration Albums on Photobucket
I've not been here in a long time, but thought I'd...
Purplemoon
Need to repurpose a leaking birdbath
Yesterday was one of the nicest days in ages; I could...
patty2430
Christmas Bottle Tree
I finally got around to making a Christmas bottle tree...
lindasewandsew
New here...sorta
Hey y'all! I was here ages ago. Well, mostly on the...
valkyrja01
Anybody on here from say 10 years ago?
looking for someone because I lost touch with them...
gardnpondr
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™