More GJ Planters ...by the Ponds

jeannespinesMay 13, 2011

The other day I planted this old Copper Kettle & Copper planter ... today I added my brown metal teapot to the vignette...all you totem people gave me the idea of making this "totem-like" w/a big brown insulator I bought at a GS last yr, I think:

Here's a better view of the Teapot totem ...I use teapots to water my plants:

A "short" totem, I know! LOL! And here's another view...the barrel pond is at this corner...where I showed the metal froggies the other day:

At the fish pond I used these planters...the cement square one w/pea gravel finish is quite old...bought it as a 2nd & it stays out all winter...tho I turn it upside down:

At the other end of the fish pond is a cedar wood planter (gift a few yrs ago) & I filled it with Petunia's & an iron frog stepping stone (clearance buy last yr from HLobby)...I love HLobby!)

You can see that same glass totem birdbath I made in May 2009...it has done good! It's so fun to get ideas from this forum!

Another view shows the Red Dogwoods a bit & some of pond bridge. Seeing this pic, I think I need to add another of my cement 'Shrooms! TFLookin' & hoping May brings some more good weather after these upcoming couple days ahead of rain & cold! Jeanne S.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marylee_2010

Jeanne, everything is beautiful. It all just fits together so wonderfully!
Marylee

Bookmark   May 14, 2011 at 12:25AM
laurastheme(8)

It's all beautiful! I love the bridge across the pond.

Bookmark   May 14, 2011 at 12:49AM
Purplemoon

You have the neatest stuff, and the neatest yard, making me wish I was living next door to you to really enjoy it. I love it all, and have for a long time.

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   May 14, 2011 at 12:55AM
luna_llena_feliz

It's great to see your pretty birdbath again! I inherited a couple of copper pots like yours from my father-in-law. Now I'll have to plant them. One has holes rusted through the bottom so no drainage problems there. Your insulator is really different. I have never seen one like that before. Great ideas and pretty pictures! Keep 'em coming!

Bookmark   May 14, 2011 at 1:52AM
sunnyca_gw

It all looks so nice. The mosaic planter, frog stepping stone to go with other froggies, the bird bath near the bridge! Very refreshing! Jan

Bookmark   May 14, 2011 at 2:06AM
granny2anb

Everything looks wonderful. I especially love the green birdbath.

Bookmark   May 14, 2011 at 5:33AM
rock_oak_deer(8b TX)

Very pretty, it's all coming together so well. I always enjoy your combinations. TFS.

Shirley

Bookmark   May 14, 2011 at 9:07AM
jeannespines

Thanks, GJers...appreciate your comments.
So enjoyable to be outside (sometimes the 50's lately & sometimes the 80's & 90's...LOL!) Now if I can only catch up w/the weeds everywhere...will take some time since it's a late Spring here in IA.

GJ forum has given me so many fun ideas! So back at ya...keep the ideas & pics coming! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   May 14, 2011 at 10:11AM
nanatricia

Yes it all so cool!!!

Bookmark   May 14, 2011 at 9:34PM
excessfroufrou(7)

Great pix, the brown teapot totem-ette is precious and looks great in it's natural surroundings. I've always loved the bird bath also.
Frou

Bookmark   May 16, 2011 at 1:10PM
jlily(Z6)

LOVELY!! I love your pond area. Also the green totum. Thank you for sharing. JLily

Bookmark   May 16, 2011 at 1:21PM
quidam2

Everything is so lovely! I love everything. You have a good sense of balance and color. I love the birdbath and teapost totems. The insulator is super cool!! Good job and again, TFS!!---Sheri

Bookmark   May 16, 2011 at 2:36PM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

Beautiful! You really have a way with arrangement and color.
Kathy

Bookmark   May 17, 2011 at 6:47AM
More Discussions
Re purposing A Window
Hi, I just got all new windows for my house, and don't...
gabby811 6 NJ
GJ Inspiration Albums on Photobucket
I've not been here in a long time, but thought I'd...
Purplemoon
Looking for fellow aussies - I've got glass to get rid of!
Hi Folk I started on the exciting journey of glass...
aussie_mum
Recycling old purses in the garden!
I would have never thought of this myself! I sure wish...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Good garden markers needed soon
Does anyone know where I can get good garden markers?...
Corkelcol
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™