Need help finding a lone lost plant

Stush2049(Pitts., Pa. 6)October 26, 2011

Has anyone ever heard of a Philodendron with long (6") slender arrow shaped leaves. It grows like a bush not a vine. Looks like the pond plant arrow leaf but it was a Philodendron. I had this when I was 6 or 7 years old and it died of too much care. (over water and touching). I have never saw another one like it. I searched Glassworks Greenhouses but no luck. Any ideas,

Stush

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dellis326 (Danny)

There's hundreds of species of Philodendron and probably hundreds more hybrids and varieties.

This site has photos of 45 of them, maybe it has yours.

http://araceum.abrimaal.pro-e.pl/philodendron/philodendron.htm

Here is a link that might be useful: Aroideae, tribe Philodendreae

Bookmark   October 26, 2011 at 6:32PM
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

Hi Stush

You might wish to try the Aroid forum as that's the family of Philos. Are you sure it wasn't some giant Syngonium?

Bookmark   October 26, 2011 at 6:33PM
Stush2049(Pitts., Pa. 6)

Pirate girl, You are right!! It's in the Syngonium Podophyllum group. I have a 'Imperial White' for a long time and others close but they vine. Make great hanging baskets. On Dave's Garden Site looking under Syngonium, found my common ones but they also showed some very similar to the one I had. So there is hope for me after all. This was the 1st. plant the got me hooked into horticural. I loved the way the inner leaf splits thru the stem of the last leaf formed. I couldn't help to help it out and thus causes it to die or damage it.

Bookmark   October 27, 2011 at 5:53PM
More Discussions
P. erubescens: smaller and ever smaller
Hello, all. I posted this in the Aroid Forum but the...
fakechuchi
Pruning Ficus Lyrata (fiddle leaf fig)
Hi everyone! I have a 5 foot tall healthy, indoor ficus...
erich60660
String of Pearls
Here is a photo of what used to be a very healthy 'String...
bobv2
My Spider Plant Again......
Out of all my plants this one just seems to get everything....
MrBlubs
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™