Best glue for glass garden totems? Also sharing a project :)

sugarchalet(z5OH)June 6, 2010

Hello everyone, my name is Lori and I'm a garden junkie :) I found this message board last week and I've seen so many cool inspirations from all of you. I am really loving the garden totems and I'm sure I could find enough glass things around the house to make one, but I have no idea on what type of glue to use, can someone guide me?

While I'm here I'll share one of my projects with you. I really love fairy's and have them all over my gardens. My aunt gave me this wooden cart to do something with and I ended up making a little fairy garden with it....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

That's adorable!! Did you make the mailbox too? Most of them use GE silicone II for doors & windows(outside)caulk & be sure the glass is very clean, might even want to use rubbing alcohol & then don't touch area where you are going to caulk it together & let totem dry for few days before placing in garden. Others will add to this but in case you are in a hurry. Welcome & great project! Thanks for pic! Jan

Bookmark   June 6, 2010 at 1:52AM
socalliegal

Thanks for sharing your fairy garden cart it is totally cute! I am fairly new here myself and was inspired by the ladies to make a bird bath out of glass. I used the Silicone GE II for it and it's been several weeks in the garden with no problems.

Bookmark   June 6, 2010 at 2:47AM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

Welcome. Your fairy garden is very cute. I love the way you used the stones.
Make sure you by CLEAR GE silicone II for windows and doors. It comes in colors too which you don't want! You can get it in a small tube for practice. The caulk gun size is more economical if you are making a lot, but the tube goes a long way.
Kathy

Bookmark   June 6, 2010 at 7:09AM
jeannespines

Welcome to the forum...you're an GJ addict, you say...so we are all "enablers" here (well, most of us, anyway)! LOL!

Your cart transformed into a fairy garden...very cute! Love the colors you used on the cart...and the "frog" who is the prince (I assume), guarding the home of the darling princess fairy sitting there.

Good luck with your first totem! TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   June 6, 2010 at 8:59AM
nanatricia

That is such a cute idea .Welcome to the garden!!

Bookmark   June 6, 2010 at 11:14PM
luna_llena_feliz

Ooooh! I love that fairy cart! I love miniature and magical things so I say that's a winner!

I'm not a totem maker (yet) but as stated, most people use the GEII silicone caulk for doors and windows. The clear dries clear and will hold up to the elements.

Welcome to a fantastic forum!

Bookmark   June 6, 2010 at 11:43PM
More Discussions
Christmas Bottle Tree
I finally got around to making a Christmas bottle tree...
lindasewandsew
Craft fairs and Garden Junk
I know this really isn't the time of year to find Garden...
toomuchglass
Meep Meep
It's been blistering hot here. The pictures posted...
tinfoilhat
glass insulators
WWYD? A friend gave me close to 100 glass telephone...
chickiebabeblue
Re purposing A Window
Hi, I just got all new windows for my house, and don't...
gabby811 6 NJ
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™