Wisteria, Grapevines, Roses and Succulents

nanagrandma(9 SouthWest, Calif)June 25, 2010

In reading Giggles post about Kiwi Vines I thought I would post my arbors. On the Discussion side I have posted more pics of my Succulents.

Wisteria it is fast growing and you cannot kill it but when it is flowering it is beautiful. You have to be careful because the vines entwine the wood of the arbor so my DH makes sure it grows on the top slates, otherwise it can uproot the posts. BUT this year my DH cut it all down, but like I said it won't die.

Sylvia/NanaGrandma

Arbor with Wisteria side view

Arbor w/o Wisteria

Grape Vine Arbor

Red Rose Arbor with Champ guarding it, LOL

Sorry my totem is dirty in this pic!

Sucullent Area

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nanagrandma(9 SouthWest, Calif)

OOOps did it again the succulent pics are on the Conversation side!

Sylvia

Bookmark   June 25, 2010 at 1:50AM
luna_llena_feliz

I see little ... probably thrift shop finds ... on the shelves with your succulents so I think that qualifies for the Discussions side! Your arbors and those roses are beautiful! I can see why you have a trained attack dog guarding them. he-he It's amazing how some pets just have to ham it up for the camera while my mother's last pooch wouldn't sit still for a picture for nothing. Btw, I would have never known the totem was dirty. Great pics and TFS!

Bookmark   June 25, 2010 at 2:44AM
Marlene Kindred

Great looking arbors...they always look so serene and inviting! Love the rose arbor....beautiful! TFS!!

Bookmark   June 25, 2010 at 9:37AM
Deb Kozuszek

Love your arbors especially the first one! I love the succulents too-- they seem to be easier for me to grow than flowers on my hot and sunny decks.

Bookmark   June 25, 2010 at 10:40AM
Calamity_J(z7bc)

WOW! Beautiful!!! Just gave me inspiration for my grape arbor idea! I like the bench and I like the hammock ideas!!!

Bookmark   June 25, 2010 at 11:03AM
jeannespines

Beautiful gardens, nanagma! I am lovin' your succulent vignette! Like calamity, I the hammock idea in the grape arbor is wonderful! (instead of just between 2 trees!)

Love the arbor "w/o Wisteria" ...LOL! TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   June 25, 2010 at 11:15AM
garden2garden(z8 FL)

Beautiful pictures! I love arbors, and I love yours, especially the one with the seats, it looks so cute and old fashioned. I want to try and build one along those lines.

I'll bet your wisteria arbor is so beautiful when it's in bloom. We have a lot of wisteria here, but it is so vigorous, I'm not brave enough to tackle the work it would take to grow it on an arbor.

Your red rose with the black iron arbor is gorgeous. Do you know what the name of the rose is?

I love succulents too. Looks like you've got some interesting ones. Thanks for the posting the pics, it's been a pleasure to see your beautiful arbors.

Bookmark   June 25, 2010 at 12:59PM

Thanks for the kind comments!
garden2garden I am so sorry I don't know the name but it is a climbing one. I also have a yellow rose on iron arbor. I love arbors and my DH makes them for me. Right now he is working on another one as soon as he has it up I'll post it.
Luna on the conversation side is a better pic of my succulent which show some red cement blocks painted red to hold my succulents, does that count LOL

Sylvia

Bookmark   June 26, 2010 at 4:07AM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

Your whole garden is soooo inviting!
Kathy

Bookmark   June 26, 2010 at 9:39AM
TwoMonths(So Calif)

Edna they are still beautiful. I have to trim my wisteria back yearly after bloom but it has still crushed my corner patio post. Well, I think the succulents are fine cause you have them within this thread. If some people get too technical you would have to put them on the exact spot where others post their big time collections. And that rose is still a beautiful rose and I love it. Is the dog a different one from the one I met? June

Bookmark   June 26, 2010 at 1:54PM

June(Twomonths) Yes our black lab went to doggy heaven right after Christmas, she had cancer. So even though we said no more heart break, we got Champurrado(Champ) from the shelter, he is still a puppy and doing all kinds of mischief, but one good thing he does is peel off the bark from the Palm Tree so he is a true GardenJunk dog, LOL

Bookmark   June 26, 2010 at 10:23PM
sunnyca_gw

I remember the pic of your dog on other side, he is so beautiful, such coloring, glad he is keeping it! The red rose is stunning! Love the arbors. My lop Snoopy loved grape leaves so that is what I think of every time I see them. Wisteria is beautiful is it purple or white? But I know it can really take over. Nice you have so much room & looking forward to seeing your DH's next arbor!! Sure helps shade things from the Ca. sun too. Jan

Bookmark   June 27, 2010 at 12:51AM
nanatricia

I love your arbors!! They look great but!! You can kill wisteria. I did by cutting it back to much.It was getting out of control.O well!

Bookmark   June 27, 2010 at 11:03PM
More Discussions
Hanging Garden Globes
Here's one of my favorite garden junk projects ever:...
janetgia
Old shutters into kitchen island and more
http://theownerbuildernetwork.co/easy-diy-projects/diy-shutter-turned-kitchen-island/. Really...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Acrylic vs. outdoor acrylic
Evening all, I am the school gardening mom for my son's...
uptomyeyeballs
Hi all
I couldn't edit the subject...sorry ... I was thinking...
msjay2u
My Summer Project - Potting Shed Makeover
We had a cute little shed used for storage of our mower,...
luvs2click
Sponsored Products
Safavieh Handmade Exquisite Wine/ Gold Wool Rug (4'6 x 6'6 Oval)
Overstock.com
Champagne Lever Set - Privacy and Passage
Signature Hardware
Caviar Adjustable Large Cluster Suspension
Lightology
Rosetta Outdoor Rug - 2'3" x 8'
Grandin Road
Koko Company Botanica Carica Papaya Decorative Pillow - 91804
$83.00 | Hayneedle
Warehouse of Tiffany Lamps 72 in. Antique Bronze Rose Stained Glass Floor Lamp
Home Depot
Bouquet of Glass Pink Roses with Vase