my totems

PurplemoonJune 3, 2010

Last week I did two new totems and have them in my album.

I'm putting the link to pg 2, and the last four photos are totems then next page is another 12. The two new ones are the Fairy Totem and the Cobalt Cross one.

Most of you have seen my other totems in the past. Its been quite awhile since I made any, but in my garage

'spring cleaning' binge, I was determined to use up some of the glass stash. I'm planning to do just a couple of more of this size, then will just do tiny "pot Totems" in the future I think.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: my totems

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nonacook(8bFL)

Everything looks really nice.....
I had forgotten some of your things so
looked at all of them!

Bookmark   June 3, 2010 at 7:39AM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

I enjoyed looking at your album. I love the colorful dishes you find. The new ones are terrific!
Kathy

Bookmark   June 3, 2010 at 8:45AM
luna_llena_feliz

I love all your totems! I missed the colorful frog one. Where did you find the beautiful base for that and your more recent colorful one? It is so pretty! TFS!

Bookmark   June 3, 2010 at 8:51AM
excessfroufrou(7)

Leave it up to you to find a patriotic frog, that is just darling. They both are. I've been gathering glass for mine, but have nothing that cute.
Frou

Bookmark   June 3, 2010 at 10:33AM
Marlene Kindred

Karen....your totems a GORGEOUS!!! Love, love, love the blue cross one....just too pretty! And I don't think I had seen some of the others you had either. The amber rooster one is wonderful! You definitely have the totem fever!

Bookmark   June 3, 2010 at 12:17PM
Purplemoon

All my glass comes from GW, with an occasional piece from Dollar Tree. Frou, isn't that frog a hoot! He was at GW, and I bought him with no plans in mind. Then when I found those colorful vases, I discovered how well he went with them. I'm also finding those so much easier to keep clean. The crystal I love, is a real pain. We have very hard water and trying to keep the lime off them..or even keep the sparkling clear look, is so difficult for me.

Thanks for all the nice compliments, Everyone. It means a lot. I don't have any family or friends who like this kind of stuff, so only you understand and appreciate it.

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   June 3, 2010 at 4:43PM
jeannespines

Ahhhh, purplemoon, I always LOVE seeing your totem creations! These 2 new ones are wonderful additions! That blue cross one is so beautiful! I like, luna, have loved that frog one...the balance & colors work so well! I'm happy that you will still be making totems ...the pot ones! TFS! Jeanne S. (and way to go on using up glass from your stash!)

Bookmark   June 3, 2010 at 6:29PM
sunnyca_gw

Lots of beautiful or cute totems, I really like the little ones as I don't have a lot of space to put them. Looks like something I could do. Jan

Bookmark   June 4, 2010 at 1:31AM
sprout_wi(z4 WI)

Karen- Your friends and family may not recognize fine art when they see it, but the experts here agree that your work is wonderful!! I LOVE the frog totem (and eveything else, for that matter). Thanks for sharing!!
-Sprout

Bookmark   June 4, 2010 at 2:06AM
nonacook(8bFL)

Love the one with the cross.
I plan to have one (for myself) with
a glass cross I bought at $ General.

Bookmark   June 4, 2010 at 9:09AM
kudzukween(8 MS)

beautiful! you have some beautiful pieces made :D gotta love sparkly glass:D
kudzu/cherry

Bookmark   June 4, 2010 at 9:54AM
maggiejoe

looked through your album & loved everything; especially the whippets! we adopted a whippet mix a yr ago and she is such a sweetheart. she has wiggled herself so deeply into our hearts! but back to the topic; i really want to try making a totem & your album is definitely an inspiration.

Bookmark   June 4, 2010 at 2:03PM
More Discussions
Meep Meep
It's been blistering hot here. The pictures posted...
tinfoilhat
glass insulators
WWYD? A friend gave me close to 100 glass telephone...
chickiebabeblue
Flower Bed Bed Ideas
I was given two white plastic fence panels (similar...
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
Anybody on here from say 10 years ago?
looking for someone because I lost touch with them...
gardnpondr
Christmas Bottle Tree
I finally got around to making a Christmas bottle tree...
lindasewandsew
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™