please help my spider plant!!

jake579October 7, 2013

I bought this spider plant a few months ago and it has been a downhill expierence since the day I brought it home. the leaves have been browning along with the stallons and babies. I give it water when it starts to dry out but not completly dry as I was told it likes to be kinda moist. its in a rather sunny window so I'm not sure what's going on with it but she is not happy lol please help! I had another picture but the site would not let me upload

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Will07(5)

Looks like a transplant is an order. Is this an exotic angel plant? How did it look when you bought it? If I were you I'd take it out of its pot and have a look at the roots, if it's completely pot bound get a new hanging basket and transplant. If the roots look damaged I'd take away the old soil and repot in the same pot with fresh soil after having trimmed off the dead stuff. Also the soil looks moldy. Is there air circulation where you have placed the plant? Is your water hard? Have you been fertilizing it? How often do you water? To me, it seems something is wrong with the soil.

Bookmark   October 7, 2013 at 8:27PM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL

I think the info here may helpful to you. That 'soil' looks like it is suffocating/rotting the roots.

Bookmark   October 8, 2013 at 9:10AM
jake579

It does look like it but when I changed the dirt the roots were all still white and fat. it was a bad batch of dirt, I had other plants grow the white stuff on top too.I had repotted it the first time I gave it a hair cut And I guess that didn't help it any. thank you for the link purpleinopp!

Bookmark   October 8, 2013 at 4:08PM
meyermike_1micha(5)

Do you water in sips and have you fertilized it? How much water and fertilizer and how long between waterings?

Is that mold on top?

MIke:-)

Bookmark   October 8, 2013 at 9:13PM
jake579

I give it roughly a cup and half of water every few weeks if the soil feels dry...I think it was mold on top the bag of dirt was only a couple months old. I don't fertalize because I put it into some miracle grow....bad choice? Thank you all for your help it is much appreciated!!!

Bookmark   October 9, 2013 at 7:59AM
More Discussions
Avocado Plant Dying
I bought this grafted dwarf Wurtz avocado tree this...
nobbyv77
Spider plant vs Mother-in-Law's Tongue: Day vs Night
I know that Spider plant and Mother-in-Law's Tongue...
dert17
Planting Zones
I need to know the Zone for Toronto, Ontario, Canada....
bobv2
Aglaonema - help
I bought this red aglaonema couple of months back....
bluehaven_gweb
Schefflera and corn plant sharing a pot?
Anyone tried planting schefflera and Dracaena Fragrans...
Peter
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™