I'm so excited!! The wheels are turning :)

soonergirl1968(7a OKC)June 16, 2010

Since discovering this forum yesterday, my mind has been going crazy thinking of new projects for the yard. I went out this morning and took some pics of things I HAVE done so far. Like I said in my previous post, I don't technically have any GJ yet but I am on a mission now! :) I bought this house 2 years ago and it had been vacant for 3 years so I LITERALLY had nothing but dirt and 30+ beautiful old oak trees. Here are some things I currently have in the garden - can't wait to add more!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden stuff

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nonacook(8bFL)

You hava made a GREAT start with the things you have.
LOVE the rooster!

Bookmark   June 16, 2010 at 9:29AM
Calamity_J(z7bc)

Love it all!!! Great start! wow! LOVE the rooster...heck Everything!!! Thanks for posting the Eye Candy!!!

Bookmark   June 16, 2010 at 9:34AM
Marlene Kindred

I will right over to take some of those wonderful things off of your hands! LOVE the rooster and the heart metal trellis and all the others too! What great garden decor! Thanks for sharing with us...can't wait to see what else is coming from your way.

Bookmark   June 16, 2010 at 9:44AM
excessfroufrou(7)

It won't take you long to find or start some new projects. Your yard already looks beautiful. That's very nice bed by the pool(?). I like the rooster, I always think that I want one like that, but DH keeps talking me out of it. We will be looking for your project pics.
Frou

Bookmark   June 16, 2010 at 10:28AM
soonergirl1968(7a OKC)

Thank you!! I do love my rooster! I got him at an estate sale and everyone thought I was crazy but I love the way he looks in the yard.

Frou - Yes, that bed by the pool used to be a hot tub - I did NOT like it so I drilled holes in the bottom, filled the bottom with gravel and topped it with 5 tons of dirt. Worked pretty well! :)

Bookmark   June 16, 2010 at 11:48AM
cait1

Mosaic that pig! I would LOVE a pig like that to mosaic!

The rooster is wonderful.

Bookmark   June 16, 2010 at 12:39PM
soonergirl1968(7a OKC)

Oohhh... Mosaic would look good on the pig. I thought about making him some copper wings

Bookmark   June 16, 2010 at 1:33PM
laurastheme(8)

LOOKIN' GOOD!!! It's all great, but I especially like the rooster. Are you about to float away down there? I've been watching the news and also we have family 100 miles north of OKC. We both grew up there. Moved to western WA in 1956.

Bookmark   June 16, 2010 at 6:14PM
soonergirl1968(7a OKC)

My house sits on a hill so all is good here. However, there are many people who were not so lucky. All the houses around NW 178th & Western were sitting in about 3-4' of water. And of course, being a land-locked state, no one has flood insurance! This year we had record breaking snow fall, hail, temperatures and now rain. At least we haven't broke the tornado record this year!! :)

Bookmark   June 16, 2010 at 6:25PM
susiewantsroses(7b)

Hey Soonergirl!!!! I can see that pig wearing rabbit ears at Easter; Antlers at Christmas; A witches hat on Halloween; etc. etc. He would also look good with red white and blue helium balloons tied around him for July 4th.
Yep, I'm in love. The pig rocks!!!!!

Bookmark   June 16, 2010 at 6:37PM
shrillmtb

Great stuff! I really like that trellis, and the rooster...and yes, I think the pig would look great with wings! He's awesome. Your yard looks pretty amazing!

Sheryll

Bookmark   June 16, 2010 at 7:29PM
marleneann(Buderim, Australia.)

What a great idea for an old hot tub.

Bookmark   June 17, 2010 at 12:51AM
sunnyca_gw

It all looks great, nice save of the heart iron fence!! Love your rooster! No thanks to a bat house but I know they are good little critters(as long as they stay away from me)! Wonderful idea to turn hot tub into a lush planter(lot of work but it paid off)! Jan

Bookmark   June 17, 2010 at 1:21AM
Purplemoon

Sooner, your yard is wonderful. I love it all. That hot tub planter....WOW....and that pig is great! So is the Rooster.
I also love your enthusiasm at finding this Forum. That's one of the best parts of reading posts I think, its always such a treat to 'see' the excitement in others.

I'm glad you found us. Hope you've also found our many albums to browse. Lots of 'eye candy' there.
hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: GJ Inspiration Albums

Bookmark   June 17, 2010 at 3:05AM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

Wonderful! People thought you were crazy to get the rooster!!!??? Hopefully that means you get good stuff for a good price!
Kathy

Bookmark   June 17, 2010 at 11:10PM
soonergirl1968(7a OKC)

You are all so wonderful! Thank you for all the kind comments. I have been hitting the thrift stores like a mad woman! I've found all kinds of neat things but got a bit distracted by the hypertufa forum so have decided to work on a concrete/hypertufa totem with my thrift store finds - I just love concrete!! Tried to make a concrete sphere today but it didn't go as well as I had hoped. So... I have changed my game plan and will attempt it again! I'm hitting the swap meet this weekend to start collecting rusty shovels for another project I have in mind. So many projects :)

Bookmark   June 17, 2010 at 11:22PM
kacram

Love your rooster!!!!!!!1

Bookmark   June 17, 2010 at 11:23PM
jeannespines

Guess my original post on this went to Cyberspace! Who knows!!!

Anyway, I am loving that rooster that you bid on...looks great in your yard! And that pig, yeah, he could have "wings"...go for it!

Great idea making that "hot tub garden!" Love it! And I'm glad the flooding missed you...flooding is the pits! Good thoughts to those around you cleaning up! TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   June 17, 2010 at 11:40PM
kathi_mdgd

Your yard and gardens are wonderful.I also love the rooster,and the pig,and the hot tub.Heck i love it all.Can't wait to see what you do with the shovels,i have a few laying around that i havn't done anything with yet.
TFS
Welcome to the forum!!
Kathi

Bookmark   June 18, 2010 at 1:04AM
More Discussions
Satellite dish
My first attempt at painting a discarded dish that...
oldcrafty
Hi all
I couldn't edit the subject...sorry ... I was thinking...
msjay2u
Recycling old purses in the garden!
I would have never thought of this myself! I sure wish...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Christmas Bottle Tree
I finally got around to making a Christmas bottle tree...
lindasewandsew
A Birdhouse Trellis
Here is a birdhouse trellis I made this summer from...
kirkus
Sponsored Products
Jardin du Jour Sierra Craftsman 11" High LED Outdoor Wall Light
Lamps Plus
Foscarini | Mini Kite Wall Sconce
$422.00 | YLighting
Nourison Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Nourison Rugs Siam Beige 3 ft. 6 in. x 5 ft.
Home Depot
Turn to Stone Pull-up Table
Overstock.com
Fresca Torino 36" Walnut Brown Modern Bathroom Vanity with Side Cabinet & Integr
Modern Bathroom
Monogram Correspondence Cards
$24.00 | Horchow
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™