Sink fountain

sparkleclown(6)June 28, 2010

We redid out bathroom and I have a great pedestal sink I would like to turn into a fountain. Has anyone done something like this? How did you deal with the drain holes?

Is there anything I can use to paint the bowl, I'm thinking a nice blue would look good.

Also have you ever used a solar pump. I don't like the idea of using electricity to run the pump although I would really love to have one.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maozamom NE Ohio

From Drop Box

The water drains into a five gallon bucket buried under the sink which also holds the pump.

Bookmark   June 28, 2010 at 3:51PM
arcy_gw

Use the drain holes to direct the water with a tube back up to the fountain so it is recirculating the same water over and over like most garden fountains. You bury a large tub place a cover over the tub, put the sink on the cover disguise the cover with rocks. The water and pump are in the tub. You can buy an entire kit with all the parts or you can buy them separately to suit your needs best. Your fountain will be fun when it is done! The birds will love it.
They make spray paint for all surfaces now.

Bookmark   June 28, 2010 at 4:15PM
sparkleclown(6)

Thanks so much. This is a great idea. I haven't decided whether to leave it as a sink, water funning though the faucet, or take the faucet and handles off and have a small fountain in the center of the bowl. Your idea is great though as I think I am going to place it directly on the ground which should hide the cover.
Thanks!

Bookmark   June 30, 2010 at 1:04PM
toomuchglass(5)

That is sooooooo cute ! My first instinct would be to go up and turn the faucet off and yell "Who left the water running ?"

LOL

Bookmark   June 30, 2010 at 5:33PM
More Discussions
Re purposing A Window
Hi, I just got all new windows for my house, and don't...
gabby811 6 NJ
Meep Meep
It's been blistering hot here. The pictures posted...
tinfoilhat
Looking for fellow aussies - I've got glass to get rid of!
Hi Folk I started on the exciting journey of glass...
aussie_mum
Using paint samples outside ?
Hi all ! I was wondering if anyone knows if we can...
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn
Flower Bed Bed Ideas
I was given two white plastic fence panels (similar...
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™