Picking the forums mind.

chocolateis2b8(5OH)June 8, 2010

I have a fairy ring, it's been in the same spot for at least 4 years that I know of.

For those who are not familar with fairy rings, here's an interesting site.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy_ring

I would like to do something interesting with the fairy ring. Of course I wouldn't want to disturb the fairies that dance there, but maybe something leading up to it, like rest stops, that kind of thing, lol. There is a tree stump about 10 feet tall next to it that I put bird houses on, maybe a fairy house at the base of it? If so, how would you go about building it?

I know it's silly, but I won't step into the fairy ring. We really do need a garden lore forum on this site, I find that kind of stuff so interesting. But since I wasn't able to find one, I decided to ask here.

Still I kind of got it in my mind to bring more attention to my fairy ring, I think it would be fun.

Since I work nights, I might even go out one night before work and see if I can see fairies dancing.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tasymo

Some believe that the ancient standing stones were erected to mark enchanted sites, so they could be avoided... Maybe a few small standing stones on the perimeter?

Bookmark   June 8, 2010 at 3:27PM
jeannespines

Have you checked out the Inspiration Album "Fairy n Gnome Homes" ...here's the link (if you haven't). Lots of fairies dance at several GJers' gardens! Jeanne S.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fairy n Gnome Homes Inspiration Album

Bookmark   June 8, 2010 at 10:33PM
Marlene Kindred

Even though I don't have any great ideas about what you should do, I really like the idea....I don't think I knew about fairy rings....I'm going to have to do a little research...sounds very interesting!

Bookmark   June 9, 2010 at 7:09PM
More Discussions
Satellite dish
My first attempt at painting a discarded dish that...
oldcrafty
Hi all
I couldn't edit the subject...sorry ... I was thinking...
msjay2u
A Birdhouse Trellis
Here is a birdhouse trellis I made this summer from...
kirkus
Changing landscape
We moved in 15 years ago. In the process of cutting...
arcy_gw
Using paint samples outside ?
Hi all ! I was wondering if anyone knows if we can...
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™