I'm Done, I'm Done with WonderHorse
I finally finished my WonderHorse/carousel horse. It took me forever, because I used acrylic paint made for the outdoors and every little detail required 3 coats. Then I used a tinted wash, then one step crackle (which didn't work so good), then tinted polyurethane and then clear polyurethane. The tinted poly kind of took the shine off the gold on the tail and mane, but I like the antiquey look it gave it. I hope it holds up outside, I'm going to put it in a shady spot, maybe that will help. I really kind of wanted to keep it int the house, but have absolutely no where to put it. DH did a wonderful job mounting it on a lamp pole(it's weighs about 30 pounds) that he actually found at the TS.