need ideas for tree stump

msjay2u(7)June 11, 2011

I had a tree cut down but could not afford to have it cut all the way down so I left it kind of tall. I was kind of hoping that someone can come in and carve it like a totem pole but I had the idea before I checked the prices and not I am stuck with a large stump. What can I do creative with this? Thanks!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
msjay2u(7)

ugggggh I forgot to check the box to be notified of followup messages (why isn't that check by default?) I am going to resubit so please don't respond to this one. Gonna title it totem pole gone bad

Bookmark   June 11, 2011 at 1:06PM
sprout_wi(z4 WI)

This may not be possible for you,but there are people who do chain saw carving and may be able to turn your stump into a work of art. My sister has friends who have had that done to their big stumps.
-Sprout

Bookmark   June 12, 2011 at 1:49AM
zone_8grandma

Can you have the stump cut closer to the ground? My last garden had three large (30" diameter) stumps. They were about 18" high. I asked my son to hack out a "basin" in them which I filled with potting soil and planted with annuals.

Bookmark   June 21, 2011 at 8:39PM
stolenidentity

I have a stump like that and it was left tall on purpose. I have a painted pot up there that I plant up with bright flowers. The planting changes with the season. Planting a climbing vine to grow up it might be an option if you have some soil to work with around the base. I like the stump!

Bookmark   June 25, 2011 at 11:51AM
kylslil1(8b)

Well, it wasn't quite so thick as this, but I knew someone who used theirs as a sign post. They picked like twelve or fifteen spots all over the globe...their favorite spots. Then they painted simple signs on two by fours (and aged them) for the destinations. Like juneau, ak 4,406 miles and an arrow. It was really neat looking.

Bookmark   June 25, 2011 at 6:29PM
More Discussions
Flower Bed Bed Ideas
I was given two white plastic fence panels (similar...
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
Using paint samples outside ?
Hi all ! I was wondering if anyone knows if we can...
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn
My Summer Project - Potting Shed Makeover
We had a cute little shed used for storage of our mower,...
luvs2click
Hi all
I couldn't edit the subject...sorry ... I was thinking...
msjay2u
Changing landscape
We moved in 15 years ago. In the process of cutting...
arcy_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™