Totems - Part 2

lesa59June 24, 2011

Another one....

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

Wow! That looks like a figural bottle on top, hope it's not an antique! Very tall & thin. Hope a wide base is buried underneath & it's in a protected area so wind won't knock it over but it is really unique & I love it. (Heavy weight base is helpful on totems for those new to making them & you bury it in dirt-microwave glass plate from old microwave oven works well- on this 1 you might even place 3-4 small rocks around on the mulch to keep it upright) Animals,wind etc can knock them over) Nice work! Jan

Bookmark   June 24, 2011 at 7:59PM
Marlene Kindred

Very unusual color and the figure bottle on top is really cool! I agree with Jan..since it is so tall, it's best to have a wide bottom on it.

Bookmark   June 24, 2011 at 9:25PM
luna_llena_feliz

Wonderful totem! I like the figure on the top and the brown coloring. Very unusual!

Bookmark   June 25, 2011 at 1:48AM
Purplemoon

What a neat color, I don't think I've seen any like that in my local GW. And I've been too chicken to try one that tall, tho I keep wanting to.

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   June 26, 2011 at 12:33AM
lesa59

Thanks everyone... The bottle on top I found at a garage sale - a whiskey bottle // I got that one, a green eagle and an amber owl... I tried looking to see if they were worth anything but didn't really find anything. All my totems do have a heavy base on the bottom & is planted as suggested -- these have been out for about two years (that's why they're a little dirty - need to be cleaned)... This one actually was broken by one of my yard guys & I had to add a couple of pieces to it because of how the break happened - that's why it's so tall // hope it doesn't break again, if so I'll have to make two different totems, I guess... Thanks! Lesa

Bookmark   June 26, 2011 at 12:40PM
tugsmomma

wow great totem! I'm loving the advice about the microwave plates ..I just made my first totem and it's a real tall one also although I did try be smart about the weight of the various pieces involved.

Bookmark   June 26, 2011 at 5:37PM
More Discussions
glass insulators
WWYD? A friend gave me close to 100 glass telephone...
chickiebabeblue
Need to repurpose a leaking birdbath
Yesterday was one of the nicest days in ages; I could...
patty2430
Hanging Garden Globes
Here's one of my favorite garden junk projects ever:...
janetgia
msn garden junk-sad
As some of you know, MSN is closing! I am sorry to...
nonacook
Using paint samples outside ?
Hi all ! I was wondering if anyone knows if we can...
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™