Planted Fish Bowls

excessfroufrou(7)June 14, 2010

Here are my fish bowls that I got for a $1.00 a piece last year at a GS, I've just now gotten them planted. I don't they think they qualify as real terrariums because the hole in the top is too large and I have to water them more often. The little deer is from my childhood and the praying bunny came from the $ store. Now that I've finished them, I kinda wish I had made one of them a fairy garden. Sorry about the glare, I tried and tried to get a pic without it.

Frou

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
uglyoodie(z5 OH)

I love them! Good job!

Bookmark   June 14, 2010 at 6:43PM
azcactusflower

Wow excessfroufrou, what a serene, peaceful looking mini garden! They are just beautiful. What a creative use for a fishbowl. You are right, they would make a beautiful fairy garden. I may try and make one for my granddaughter. She would love it. Thanks for posting pictures. I wonder how it would work in a small aquarium?

Bookmark   June 14, 2010 at 7:29PM
Marlene Kindred

They turned out beautifully Frou! Love the little deer from your childhood...don't you just love being able to have that type of thing out where you can see it? They do look very peaceful....Thanks for sharing with us!

And, I love your metal glider in the background!

Bookmark   June 14, 2010 at 7:31PM
jeannespines

Beautiful, froufrou! Great recycling of fish bowls! Cute little critters' you put in there! And love the plants & arrangements! They look great out there by your glider! TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   June 14, 2010 at 7:42PM
nanatricia

So Cute you girls are on a role Good going

Bookmark   June 14, 2010 at 11:00PM
luvs2click

I love them! You did an awesome job. But guess what? I love your glider even more. I've looked for one of those forever with no luck. Jealous!
Arlene

Bookmark   June 15, 2010 at 7:54AM
excessfroufrou(7)

Thanks for the sweet remarks. I've had the glider along with the matching rocker and chair for about 15 years, every year it requires a little touch up, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I may still change the rabbit bowl to a fairy garden, when I find a fairy and some fairy accoutrements.
Frou

Bookmark   June 15, 2010 at 10:36AM
More Discussions
Thinking of turning this old water faucet into a short light post
I figured removing the faucet itself...and adding a...
cadillactaste
Using paint samples outside ?
Hi all ! I was wondering if anyone knows if we can...
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn
Dehydrator trays
Does anyone have ideas for recycling food dehydrator...
hokypuk
Meep Meep
It's been blistering hot here. The pictures posted...
tinfoilhat
Changing Landscape part TWO
The time has come. A new idea is a must come spring....
arcy_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™