Anyone ever use Greenview's 2 step program?

jubileej(6a)January 17, 2013

Has anyone signed on for Greenview's spring and fall lawn care program? If so, did you have any problems? Did you try their Seed Starter Fertilizer w Crabgrass Control? If so, how did that work out for you?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grass1950

Sorry, not familiar with them. My guess is that the seed and CG preventer fertilizer contains Siduron. Reviews of the effectiveness of Siduron are mixed and it is expensive.
Buying separate ammendments (fertilizer, pre-emergents) is less costly and will alow you more control with better results, sut sometimes buying a combo is just more convenient.

Bookmark   January 17, 2013 at 5:17PM
jubileej(6a)

Thanks, 1950 -
But the problem is combining winter dormant seeding with most pre-emergents. The combo product claims it will protect the seeds and get rid of weeds. (or, at least, crabgrass).

Bookmark   January 18, 2013 at 4:36AM
grass1950

The problem with siduron is that yes, it works about as well as any CG pre-emergent, but for a rather short period of time. The effectiveness of the product will be dependent on it being in place early enough to prevent CG and for it to then stay in effect long enough for the grass seed to germinate while retarding CG growth. Consequently, Siduron often requires repeated application to protect from CG until the grass seed germinates. That is why I suggested you look into buying it seperately from the fertilizer.

Bookmark   January 18, 2013 at 8:42AM
More Discussions
bermuda thin and dry, needs to be revived.
just joined the forum, lots of great info BTW, needing...
tig488
Applying Prodiamine with Backpack Sprayer
Hi All- Hoping Morph or another GW expert can help...
BondBull
Caring for new sod in Vancouver, BC
Hi, I just have new sod installed a month ago. They...
Arthaith Swan
Need help with lawn renovation in Phoenix AZ
Thank you everybody for a wonderful forum. I am a new...
adi_az_gw
Need help with my grass
Each year my grass is having more dead spots and brown...
jbpadgett09
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™