My Bowling Pin Binge !

toomuchglass(5)June 7, 2011

I'm finally working on the bowling pins I bought last year.

I have about 30 . I got them from a guy on Craig's list - he said he used them for fundraisers, but now he's retiring. I scored them ALL for $15 !!! I'm on a mission to bling 'em up ! LOL With all my bowling balls and bowling pins - I could have my own little private bowling alley in the yard ~~~ hehehe

Here's the first 2 .... they look alot better in person - you can't see the irridized beads . Oh well.You get the idea.

The future one is hard to explain -- but it's a crazy quilt .

:) Pics to come soon !

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oldcrafty(8)

Those are sooooo cool. My gosh what tedious work that must have been. Love the bright colors. Will you use them as yard decor?

Bookmark   June 7, 2011 at 5:02PM
toomuchglass(5)

Thank you ! Yes ... it's VERY tedious work . I put my radio on loud & sing along ... that way I forget about how boring it is ~ LOL

I don;t have room in my yard for all of them .... Maybe I can sell some. I don;t know .....

Bookmark   June 7, 2011 at 6:11PM
nanatricia

Those are very pretty !!! Just want to let you know that those beads will fade out side.

Bookmark   June 7, 2011 at 10:12PM
laurastheme(8)

They're gorgeous. I have a pin that I have been saving forever. This give me an idea.

Bookmark   June 7, 2011 at 10:34PM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

Beautiful! Can't wait to see more!
Kathy

Bookmark   June 7, 2011 at 10:38PM
toomuchglass(5)

They'll fade ??? OMG -- Thank you for telling me that !!!
I'm so glad you said something !! Now what ? I guess I'll have to keep them in the shade and take them inside in the fall . If anyone else knows about fading -- please let me know ! I want to keep these looking good !

Bookmark   June 7, 2011 at 10:54PM
sunnyca_gw

They are beautiful! Can put them on a covered patio or deck or under shade tree, will really brighten areas up! Might have to mosaic a couple as they could probably do well in sun with rocks, glass pieces or ceramic pieces. Have fun! Jan

Bookmark   June 8, 2011 at 12:34AM
Marlene Kindred

Kathy, you must have the patience of Job! I can't even imagine how much time it took for each one of those bowling pins.....the magpie in me is quite happy seeing them though! Great job...I didn't realize the plastic beads would fade either...glad Nana told you...they're way to pretty to lose.

Bookmark   June 8, 2011 at 9:43AM
rock_oak_deer(8b TX)

They are pretty! Just find a shady spot for them. Those are so nice and a lot of work.

Down here in south Texas plastic beads not only fade, they crack and crumble after about one summer outside. I only use the plastic beads for things I don't really worry about like plant hangers. Resin garden stuff doesn't last outside here either.

Glass beads keep better, but are a lot more expensive. I buy them at TS and GS to keep the cost down.

Bookmark   June 8, 2011 at 10:03AM
excessfroufrou(7)

I love those, they are fantastic, love the pattern on the second one. I used some plastic beads on some votive bugs that I have on the porch and they have held up fine for two years.
Frou

Bookmark   June 8, 2011 at 12:18PM
chelcass(Z5 Michigan, U.P.)

Very Cool! I wonder how flat marbles would work???

Bookmark   June 8, 2011 at 1:45PM
luna_llena_feliz

They are both very pretty! I know the resin stuff doesn't hold up in our hot/cold weather either. I haven't tried anything with the plastic beads but I'm glad nanatricia said something I was going to use some in a sparkler.

Bookmark   June 8, 2011 at 10:40PM
More Discussions
Recycling old purses in the garden!
I would have never thought of this myself! I sure wish...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Hanging Garden Globes
Here's one of my favorite garden junk projects ever:...
janetgia
Acrylic vs. outdoor acrylic
Evening all, I am the school gardening mom for my son's...
uptomyeyeballs
Flower Bed Bed Ideas
I was given two white plastic fence panels (similar...
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
Old shutters into kitchen island and more
http://theownerbuildernetwork.co/easy-diy-projects/diy-shutter-turned-kitchen-island/. Really...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™