Garden signs - old wood

luvs2clickJune 12, 2014

Made these up for the garden fair this weekend. These are old pieces of wood given to us many years ago - I believe they are pieces of crates - they are slats nailed together with cross boards on the back and this wood is HARD, HARD, HARD! Hubby cleaned out his shop and threw them on the burn pile last summer. They laid there for a few weeks and one day I decided to rescue it. So it's laid around in MY shed for a year, and now they're finally done. I just used acrylic paint, foam stamps for the leaves and flowers, and then sealed them good with sealer. Some are for hanging, others are on spindles - found a pile of 36 treated lumber spindles at a garage sale for $5! We put a piece of 3/16" steel rod into the bottom so they would stick in the ground. I tried to go with sayings that might bring a chuckle. My favorite is the one with the butterfly - it is a wooden butterfly we nailed on so it is dimensional. I'm happy to be using up my stash of stuff.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
trini1trini

These are great. And very inspiring. Good job!
T-

Bookmark   June 12, 2014 at 5:48PM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

Well done, cute sayings. Good luck with your sale be sure to report back. I keep wanting a sign that says "Hangin' with my gnomies". But I don't have any gnomes (yet).
Kathy

Bookmark   June 12, 2014 at 8:55PM
gardencraze(9b Groveland FL.)

Luvs, heres one for ya "weedem n reap" I always liked that one.
Thanx for sharing
carmen

Bookmark   June 12, 2014 at 10:26PM
stolenidentity

Those are awesome! I love the shed one, too. And compost happens had me running for a kleenex - lol!!

Bookmark   June 12, 2014 at 10:30PM
stolenidentity

Those are awesome! I love the shed one, too. And compost happens had me running for a kleenex - lol!!

Bookmark   June 12, 2014 at 10:31PM
oldcrafty(8)

LOVE them all Took a real shine to Bless my Bloomers. Hope your sale goes well. Let us know

Bookmark   June 13, 2014 at 11:19AM
nonacook(8bFL)

Great signs!
Hope your show is great!

Bookmark   June 13, 2014 at 12:31PM
Marlene Kindred

What a great job! They look awesome!

Bookmark   June 13, 2014 at 2:58PM
laurastheme(8)

I like these. I made some that said...I have a rock garden. Last week... three of the died....Garden of Weedin'....and ...Frog parking only. All others will be toad.

Bookmark   June 13, 2014 at 5:50PM
goncharyk

It`s vary cool

Here is a link that might be useful: gooddream.com.ua

Bookmark   June 16, 2014 at 5:04AM
dirtbug(W.A. Australia)

They are beautiful!!!

Bookmark   June 17, 2014 at 6:32AM
sunnyca_gw

I like "I tried---it died" Most things do well with me but a few things I plant over & over & they always die. Bleeding heart, hydrangea just not my thing I guess. Good luck with your sale!! Jan

Bookmark   June 17, 2014 at 11:34PM
Prestonsnana

Very nice! I love signs in the garden..they make sure I pause now and then to read them and when I'm stopped, I'm sure to notice other things in the garden that I probably would have missed otherwise.

Here's another one for you: "It's gardening season and I'm so excited I wet my plants!"

I like the simplicity of your posies and the myraid of fonts you used which keeps them looking individually made and not at all assembly line!

Bookmark   June 22, 2014 at 2:30AM
Shades_of_idaho

So cute. Love their stakes too. I always seem to name the areas of our yard. I had some directional sings years ago. I think I need to do some again. I think a pallet would work for this for the boards. If I can not find some in my stash,

Bookmark   June 22, 2014 at 2:29PM
More Discussions
Re purposing A Window
Hi, I just got all new windows for my house, and don't...
gabby811 6 NJ
Glass Totems at Longwood Garden
I was amazed to see several glass totem bird baths...
frankielynnsie
Anybody on here from say 10 years ago?
looking for someone because I lost touch with them...
gardnpondr
My Summer Project - Potting Shed Makeover
We had a cute little shed used for storage of our mower,...
luvs2click
Satellite dish
My first attempt at painting a discarded dish that...
oldcrafty
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™