Hit the jackpot today!!!!!!!

lynnencfan(7b/8aNC)June 25, 2011

I have been looking for smaller pieces of crystal and small plates to add to my totem glass collection and spotted a table of 'sparkely' on the opposite of a 4 lane road on my way to the Salvation Army to do some poking around. Got a couple things at the SA and on the way back home stopped at the yard sale. There in front of me was a whole table full of cut glass pieces, plates, candle stick holders all for 25 cents each. There are some more pieces but they are in the dishwasher now. I did pay $2 for the amber 2 piece candle holder. I am very happy today. Now I can start building .....

Lynne

really like these little votive candle holders with globes - these might not make it into totems

got 7 plates this size (6")

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kylslil1(8b)

SCORE! SCORE! SCORE! I am soooooo jealous! Im going yard saling with you from now on! :) I look forward to seeing what kind of prizes you make!

Bookmark   June 25, 2011 at 6:17PM
luna_llena_feliz

What a deal! I bet they will look stunning as totems and I bet the picture doesn't do the justice. Would those blue candle holders look great as part of a glass flower?

Bookmark   June 25, 2011 at 6:22PM
lynnencfan(7b/8aNC)

lol - I haven't even ventured to think of doing flowers yet - I am still trying to do my first totem after 2 years of drooling over everyones elses :) - I do love the flowers and yep I think they might get set aside for a 'future' project .....

Lynne

Bookmark   June 25, 2011 at 6:27PM
Marlene Kindred

WOW! You hit the mother load....and such great prices. I have a couple of the amber votive lamps like that and so far I haven't used them for totems...they're really pretty for a fall table. Your "mushroom" looking votives are really pretty too!

Bookmark   June 25, 2011 at 8:55PM
jeannespines

Great bargain $$$ (well, actually 'cents!) You found some goodies...lookin' forward to seeing your totems! (& I would keep those globe votive holders for tablescaping! LOL! Have fun, lynne! TFS! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   June 25, 2011 at 11:21PM
Purplemoon

Great finds, Lynne. By the way, the amber piece is a vintage, pressed glass, fairy lamp candleholder. They go for $15 and up on eBay. I have a dark red one.

Your little blue trio of stacked ashtrays are neat too. Years ago I found an amber set of 4 at GW and made a tall skinny totem with them. I've never made plate flowers, yet.

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   June 25, 2011 at 11:29PM
excessfroufrou(7)

Great finds and such deals. PM is right, my son sells those stackable blue astrays for around $25.00 a set at his store in Chicago.
Frou

Bookmark   June 26, 2011 at 12:06PM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

Wonderful finds and such a great price.
Karen I love your totems too.
Kathy

Bookmark   June 26, 2011 at 7:13PM
shpnquen(z5, IN)

You might want to hang on to a few of those pieces just for their value alone. I have a red fairy light too & they were going for around $15-$25 at a flea market last year. I found one for $2 at a GS nearby.

I was thinking plate flowers too when I seen the blue pieces & the small plates. Ya done good with this haul, & to think, there's more that's not here!

Bookmark   June 27, 2011 at 9:33AM
oldcrafty(8)

Such great finds and the best part was the prices. My dad used to asked me if I felt guilty for "stealing" at such ridiculously low prices! NOPE......good for me...too bad for them!

Bookmark   June 27, 2011 at 3:34PM
More Discussions
Recycling old purses in the garden!
I would have never thought of this myself! I sure wish...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
My Summer Project - Potting Shed Makeover
We had a cute little shed used for storage of our mower,...
luvs2click
Changing Landscape part TWO
The time has come. A new idea is a must come spring....
arcy_gw
Thinking of turning this old water faucet into a short light post
I figured removing the faucet itself...and adding a...
cadillactaste
Christmas Bottle Tree
I finally got around to making a Christmas bottle tree...
lindasewandsew
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™