Conservatory

Marlene KindredJune 18, 2010

I listed my Yard conservatory in the POSSE listing as well, but wanted to post it separately so all of the newbies will know why the POSSE thread keeps coming to the top of the posts. My DH made this for me and he crafted the metalwork himself!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tasymo

How lovely! Sounds like your hubby is a keeper. Someday, I too will have a conservatory...

Bookmark   June 18, 2010 at 6:01PM
gmadeb

Very pretty!

Bookmark   June 18, 2010 at 6:06PM
Purplemoon

Oh.......I am in love with that. Its gorgeous. (I may be falling in love with your DH too. LOL. Look out!)

This is just the one of the neatest things I've seen, and you know that is saying a lot here! I'm going to put the close-up of the Fairy Garden in the fairy album, but will put the other photo in Misc album.

WOW. I'm so impressed and so envious. LOL
hugs, Karen

Bookmark   June 18, 2010 at 6:38PM
jeannespines

Oh, Marlene....that is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! I remember seeing the conservatory before but not all the personal touches you put into it! WOW! It is BEAUTIFUL!

Please share what plants you've put in there...love the angle at the birdbath ...and the elegant crystal chandie! The swan in the pond of glass is also quite elegant but that blue glass totem....my, oh my, that's #ONE!

Your DH put so much love into this GJ art & you certainly did the finish work! TFS...and on the POSSE thread, too! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   June 18, 2010 at 7:57PM
sugarchalet(z5OH)

That's just too cool! I love it!

Bookmark   June 18, 2010 at 8:49PM
kathyjb(8)

Oh how pretty. I was going to say I love this or that, but I love it all!

Bookmark   June 18, 2010 at 10:27PM
garden2garden(z8 FL)

Marlene that's really beautiful! I remember seeing it before too, but not with all the stuff inside. I just love what you've done with it. The fairy/angel filling the little birdbath and the pond with the swan. Even it's own blue totem. Love the chandelier. What a really special little place! I bet it's interesting to watch it during the day as it changes with the light. I wonder how little lights or candles would look in there at night? How inspiring...very nice.

Bookmark   June 18, 2010 at 10:40PM
spedigrees z4VT

That is the most beautiful creation, Marlene. I remember your photos of it before you furnished the inside. Your hubby's metalwork is wonderful. He's very talented! Anyways your conservatory is a treat for the eyes now. That chandelier just makes it, but, like Kathy, I love ALL your interior features.

Bookmark   June 18, 2010 at 11:00PM
sunnyca_gw

Great job on the ironwork DH did & beautiful job of decorating inside!! Love it & the4 corner posts & chandie in center,so sweet!! Jan

Bookmark   June 19, 2010 at 2:11AM
indylisa

So pretty and creative...grat job to u and your DH!!
Lisa

Bookmark   June 19, 2010 at 7:23AM
luna_llena_feliz

Marlene, that is gorgeous! The conservatory itself is beutiful but all your little bits and pieces in it are exquisite! I love your little blue totem. Great job between you and your DH!

Bookmark   June 19, 2010 at 12:44PM
Marlene Kindred

Thanks so much for all of the nice compliments! I've enjoyed having the conservatory and am happy to finally have something in it.

Jeanne~I used two mini rose bushes, a lime coleus, a begonia, some salvia and the blue annual I can't remember the name of. The stones came out of our yard and everything else is TS finds!

Bookmark   June 19, 2010 at 2:04PM
grandmathyme

How very lovely! Do you loan that hubby out??? hehehehehe

Bookmark   June 20, 2010 at 2:36PM
nanatricia

Very neat idea .

Bookmark   June 20, 2010 at 11:25PM
marleneann(Buderim, Australia.)

Oh what a wonderful hubby!

I can see it's made with love.

Bookmark   June 21, 2010 at 12:40AM
excessfroufrou(7)

OMGoodness, it is beyond beautiful. The structure it self was wonderful and now it looks straight out of a magazine. That angel looks like it was made for it. You out did yourself putting it together. Again, hats off to you.
Frou

Bookmark   June 21, 2010 at 1:37PM
seamommy(7bTX)

I have a small one of those and just couldn't think of what to do with it til now. Thank you for the inspiration! Yours is lovely. Cheryl

Bookmark   June 21, 2010 at 5:20PM
More Discussions
My Summer Project - Potting Shed Makeover
We had a cute little shed used for storage of our mower,...
luvs2click
Changing landscape
We moved in 15 years ago. In the process of cutting...
arcy_gw
Dehydrator trays
Does anyone have ideas for recycling food dehydrator...
hokypuk
Christmas Bottle Tree
I finally got around to making a Christmas bottle tree...
lindasewandsew
glass insulators
WWYD? A friend gave me close to 100 glass telephone...
chickiebabeblue
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™