Confessions and glass

Marlene KindredJune 18, 2010

Hi...my name is Marlene and I am a totemholic. I've been a totemholic for two years now and my last totem making frenzy was a week ago.......

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gmadeb

I love these!! I have a bunch of glass waiting to be put together and plates to be broken for mosaics and---and--

Bookmark   June 18, 2010 at 6:09PM
Purplemoon

LOL, Marlene, love your confession! And ALL your totems.
You found some wonderful pieces to put together. I think the birdbath one is especially beautiful, tho its got tough competition with the little Angel one!

You sure make it hard with me trying to 'go on the wagon'
and stop tho! I love glass and love totems. But I figure having almost 20 is plenty, and went so far as to return a bunch of glass to GW (donate back I mean). I just kept a small amount to make 3 more. I keep saying I'm only going to do tiny 'Pot Totems' in the future....but then you show something like that fantastic birdbath!
I can't look to this Forum for support either, LOL, its full of enablers like you.

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   June 18, 2010 at 6:28PM
luna_llena_feliz

Love the birdbath and totems! What a pretty blue vase in the totem with the bowls at the top and bottom. They are all very pretty! I'll never tire of seeing pictures that you totemholics post!

Bookmark   June 20, 2010 at 1:56AM
mmebrady

So many great ideas!! Keep 'em coming --you do beautiful work! My very first totem is in progress....don't know how it will turn out, but I'm sure more will follow. All hail junk addiction!

Bookmark   June 20, 2010 at 11:57AM
dollydee(7-MS)

Too cute!! Love the red!

I've been so busy getting everything ready for my granddaughter's 2nd birthday that I haven't had time to "play" with any of my GW finds. Hopefully I can get back to it this week :)

Bookmark   June 20, 2010 at 7:45PM
susiewantsroses(7b)

SCRUM-DISH-OUS!!!!!

Bookmark   June 20, 2010 at 8:06PM
laurastheme(8)

Beautiful work. Not sure which one I like best, but the red one really caught my eye.

Bookmark   June 20, 2010 at 8:50PM
excessfroufrou(7)

You are so funny, but I know what you mean. The bird bath totem turned out really great. They are all pretty cool. I try to only buy really special or really cheap glass pieces now. But then you've got to have the filler pieces to put them together. I did like Karen and even got rid of some, but they are slowing building back up. Oh well, it's good know we're not alone, thanks for the confession.
Frou

Bookmark   June 21, 2010 at 1:31PM
More Discussions
Glass Totems at Longwood Garden
I was amazed to see several glass totem bird baths...
frankielynnsie
Meep Meep
It's been blistering hot here. The pictures posted...
tinfoilhat
Looking for fellow aussies - I've got glass to get rid of!
Hi Folk I started on the exciting journey of glass...
aussie_mum
Changing landscape
We moved in 15 years ago. In the process of cutting...
arcy_gw
Recycling old purses in the garden!
I would have never thought of this myself! I sure wish...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™