Lily Garden gets more GJ added!

jeannespinesJune 5, 2010

Remember in April when I showed you this pic of my lily garden...moved lilies last Fall & added some new ones...then painted this wind turbine & put it on already existing old post thing-y (because cow weathervane was stolen). We had built the triple floor birdhouse in March & mounted it on the tall old post.

Then in May I hung this dragonfly & birdcage to the post arms:

A week ago I moved old birdhouse from baker's rack & mounted it on one of the arms & moved my old cream separator to one of the bottom arms & planted German Ivy & some Nastrium (sp?) seeds. Then DH & I had a great 3-day mini-vacation & our SILaw found us places to "hunt" GJ!

Here's one of 2 old metal wheels I got & added it near the separator:

Here's another angle:

And then I got this old gate that would have been burned...my DH is going to replace the bad pc with barnwood eventually...but for now it's holding tog.!

And even scored another old watering can!

And here's the full view of what the new lily garden looks like now:

And even the moved lilies are starting to bloom...Yippee!

I think it's looking pretty darn good now! But am going to build a couple more birdhses with DH & add to top arms. Gotta love GJ huntin'! Thanks for lookin'! Jeanne S.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
toomuchglass(5)

Your yard looks like something out of a "wish book" for all of us !! ( Especially me ) Everything is arranged perfectly . You sure have something to be proud of , Jeanne !

( Doesn't that make all the hard work worth it ?? !! )

Bookmark   June 5, 2010 at 8:11PM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

Its charming!
Kathy

Bookmark   June 5, 2010 at 8:41PM
marleneann(Buderim, Australia.)

Excellent!

Bookmark   June 5, 2010 at 9:17PM
luna_llena_feliz

The cream separator sure made a great trasition to planter and I'm glad you resurrected the old picket gate. All great finds and look like they have been in your pretty lily garden for years! Keep those lovely pictures coming!

Bookmark   June 5, 2010 at 9:31PM
Purplemoon

TMG said it perfectly, Jeanne! You've got a lot of neat stuff, and I'm really liking that dragonfly bell thingy.

I have long loved your yard, and now am also loving what a super indoor decorator you are too on our Holiday Forum. This vignette you just created is wonderful ala Jeanne-Style. I wish you'd adopt me, don't you need an old Aunt?

(hey, I have that lil green birdcage too. LOL)
hugs, Karen

Bookmark   June 5, 2010 at 10:34PM
jeannespines

Thank you, GJers, for your sweet comments.

I forgot to add that the 2nd steel wheel is leaning in front of the tall birdhouse post...you can barely see it in the full view pic. Also in front of this garden is a Prairie Fire Crabapple which has been planted 2 yrs...it flowered this Spring...very pretty...looks like a stick in the pic!

And, happy to say, that yesterday a Wren chattered at me the whole time I was working out there...guess I was too close to her new home in the triple floor birdhouse.

Will share another pic later when lilies are blooming more (hopefully)...Asiatic & Daylilies. Thanks again, Jeanne S.

Bookmark   June 6, 2010 at 8:40AM
jeannespines

"don't your need an old Aunt?" .... TOO FUNNY, purplemoon! My aunts are in their mid 80's ... so I think you'll be my adopted SISTER! LOL! Yeah, & I remember that you have that birdcage, too...lucky finds! Love 'em! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   June 6, 2010 at 8:49AM
Calamity_J(z7bc)

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Bookmark   June 6, 2010 at 11:48AM
More Discussions
Old shutters into kitchen island and more
http://theownerbuildernetwork.co/easy-diy-projects/diy-shutter-turned-kitchen-island/. Really...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
New here...sorta
Hey y'all! I was here ages ago. Well, mostly on the...
valkyrja01
Hanging Garden Globes
Here's one of my favorite garden junk projects ever:...
janetgia
Anybody on here from say 10 years ago?
looking for someone because I lost touch with them...
gardnpondr
Good garden markers needed soon
Does anyone know where I can get good garden markers?...
Corkelcol
Sponsored Products
Hudson Valley Lighting | Garden City 1 Light Swing Arm Glass Shade Wall Sconce
$482.00 | YLighting
French melody natural linen napkins s/4
Origin Crafts
Rizza Armless Chair
Grandin Road
Rachael Ray II Red Porcelain Enamel Nonstick 10-piece Cookware Set ** With $20 M
Overstock.com
Vela OLED Flushmount/Wall Sconce by Modern Forms
$2,335.00 | Lumens
Amytis Heirloom Bronze Four-Light Internal Pendant with Harvest Swarovski Elemen
Bellacor
Set of Three Tin Metal Oval Buckets
Classic Hostess
Elevated Lounge Chair
$499.99 | Dot & Bo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™