Iron Bed Bench

kathyjb(8)June 10, 2008

I have seen a lot of garden benches made from old wooden beds, but not out of iron. Does anyone have any pictures they could post or show me the threads if they have already been posted? I have a twin size iron bed I want to make into a bench, but not sure what it will look like. Hubby said he would weld it if I showed him a picture.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
coloredthumb(9a)

It has been so long since I posted a photo I sure hope this works. The bench was made from a full sized bedstead and DH and I made it together. We just cut out 1/3 of the middle on the footboard to make the sides 18" deep. A twin might not nee any of the center taken out. Good Luck and have fun/
coloredthumb/ CT

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/alleegirl/n.jpg[/IMG]

Bookmark   June 10, 2008 at 10:44PM
coloredthumb(9a)

Wrong photo That was a mural I painted. I copied the wrong code sorry trying again

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/alleegirl/sweetheartmetalheadboadbench.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   June 10, 2008 at 10:53PM
cindee11461(z9CA)

wow great bench colored thumb!!

Bookmark   June 10, 2008 at 11:01PM
kathyjb(8)

Thanks. Mine is the big round type. I hope the metal is not so thin he will have trouble welding it.
posting pictures really isn't that hard. I tried to show you the code for posting photos from photobucket, but it won't let me.

Bookmark   June 10, 2008 at 11:07PM
coloredthumb(9a)

Thanks for the compliment. I am proud of it. It was the first T2T project I got the DH to help with.
Its been nearly 4 years since we made it. Gone thru 4 hurricanes, many tropical storms, lots of sun, heat and humidity, LOTS of use/abuse and moves around the yard. It is still in great shape. I just have to throw on a coat of paint on both the wood seat and metal, this year to make it look spiffy. The glass globes are gone because I sliced my arm open when I brushed against it. Painted black PVC end caps are on the posts.

CT

Bookmark   June 10, 2008 at 11:15PM
tootiet(8b MS)

Here's mine that I found in the garage when I moved in. My dad welded it for me.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   June 11, 2008 at 12:35AM
kathyjb(8)

Tootiet that looks almost exactly like mine, thanks for the post. Thanks everyone for helping me out.

Bookmark   June 11, 2008 at 12:37PM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

Those are great! You know I'm so numb I never figured out until this thread that to make the benches you cut the footboard in half (with adjustments if needed) and use it as the sides and arms of the bench. Der! Somehow it is clearer seeing it in the metal.

Bookmark   June 11, 2008 at 3:08PM
kathyjb(8)

ha, I like that box that has "Things" on it. I could always use a good things or thingy box.

Bookmark   June 12, 2008 at 12:06AM
wildnflower(z5 IN)

I've seen these beds-to-benches for awhile. Today I finally found one I hope DH will transform for me!

Bookmark   July 2, 2009 at 7:57PM
More Discussions
New here...sorta
Hey y'all! I was here ages ago. Well, mostly on the...
valkyrja01
My Summer Project - Potting Shed Makeover
We had a cute little shed used for storage of our mower,...
luvs2click
msn garden junk-sad
As some of you know, MSN is closing! I am sorry to...
nonacook
Good garden markers needed soon
Does anyone know where I can get good garden markers?...
Corkelcol
Working with crushed gemstones
Maybe this is a question to a wrong forum, but I see...
briergardener_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™