EMPIRE Zoysia - spring treatment?

sharon669February 27, 2014

Hi!
My EMPIRE Zoysia lawn here in GA is still dormant,
As we enter March and the beginning of the spring is there any recommended treatment/fertilizer/weed control I need to do
Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tnjdm

A pre-emergent, probably mid-march depending on what part of GA you are in. I would recommend Dimension or Barricade which you won't find in the big box stores. If your limited to the big box stores, look for Scott's Halts

As far as the fertilizer, it depends on whether you want to go organic or synthetic. If you elect synthetic you want to wait until the lawn starts greening. Organic doesn't matter as long as the grounds not frozen and could be washed away by rain.

Bookmark   February 28, 2014 at 7:18AM
tnjdm

A pre-emergent, probably mid-march depending on what part of GA you are in. I would recommend Dimension or Barricade which you won't find in the big box stores. If your limited to the big box stores, look for Scott's Halts

As far as the fertilizer, it depends on whether you want to go organic or synthetic. If you elect synthetic you want to wait until the lawn starts greening. Organic doesn't matter as long as the grounds not frozen and could be washed away by rain.

Bookmark   February 28, 2014 at 8:19AM
sharon669

Thank you
Is this the correct product?

Here is a link that might be useful: Barricade grass on amazon

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 12:17AM
tnjdm

Yes, that would work, but I would be suprised that you can't find it locally depending where you are in GA. If you have a Pikes Nursery close, they carry it.

http://www.pikenursery.com/pike-crabgrass-prevent.html

Again, depending where you are in GA, you want to get ready to spread it. South GA, probably now, mid-GA in the next week or so, north GA, probably in the next week or 2.

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 8:09AM
More Discussions
Lawn vs. Dogs
I'm dogsitting for the next year. It's the first time...
zone7patti (7b)
Which order to do these tasks?
This spring I need to do the following to my lawn : Aerate,...
tonyjambo
Swampy muddy mess!
Ive finally hit that point in life where im able to...
Nickd503
Logan Labs Soil Test near Baltimore, MD
Hello all! I moved in to a new house at the end of...
jwolf27
Applying Prodiamine with Backpack Sprayer
Hi All- Hoping Morph or another GW expert can help...
BondBull
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™