Pre M with Tenacity

rphudesMarch 18, 2014

I did a fall KBG renovation and had some bad luck in the shaded area. This winter I did some dormant seeding between snow storms when the ground was clear of snow. Is it to early to put down pre m to for new grass seed that uses tenacity?

Also.... why is there a limit on the amount of tenacity that can be put down per year? Is that limit for the grass or the environment?

Happy Spring!!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joneboy(7)

The most effective use of Tenacity is to apply just before germination,soil temp 55, of any summer annuals. One reason for the limit on the amount of Tenacity is to help prevent development of resistance to the herbicide,

Bookmark   March 18, 2014 at 9:55PM
rphudes

Thanks for the info Joneboy. However I do have a follow up question.

Does the pre m with siduron contain tenacity or is it a separate chemical altogether?

Thanks

Bookmark   March 19, 2014 at 2:05PM
joneboy(7)

The pre emergent herbicide Tupersan which contains the active ingredient siduron. Tenacity contains the active ingredient mesotrione. Tupersan and Tenacity are two separate products containing two different active ingredients.

Bookmark   March 19, 2014 at 8:17PM
rphudes

Thanks Joneboy !

One more follow up question. Can siduron be put down on new KBG seed that was dorment seeded in late February?

Bookmark   March 19, 2014 at 9:43PM
joneboy(7)

Yes you can use siduron. Two apps three to four weeks apart, then Dimension at the low rate to get you through the rest of the season. Also, you will need to invest in a broad leaf herbicide to control all the weeds that siduron does not control. You may also want to put down some perennial rye grass to compete with weeds and a fine fescue because you said the area is in a shady spot.

Bookmark   March 22, 2014 at 11:15AM
More Discussions
Logan Labs soil results...need some recommendations.
Thanks for taking the time to interpret my Logan Labs...
prorange
bermuda thin and dry, needs to be revived.
just joined the forum, lots of great info BTW, needing...
tig488
where do I even start with this hot mess of a yard?
Hi! New to the forums, been a lurker for years! We...
chelseahasrouni
Convert lawn full of old dog feces to normal lawn
Hello, I would love some advice on trying to get a...
jillian242424
Two questions on landscape services and lawn maintenance
For the most part I have a pretty normal lawn. Last...
yuag
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™