For the birds.....

mrs_tlcJune 3, 2011

There aren't a lot of trees where I live, but now that I have decided to have a veggie garden the birds have decided to come to my yard! LOL........ I have been lurking around here for a while and see you all have such great ideas. Would you show me pictures of your favorite ideas to keep the birds out of my garden please????? I have NO talent so I'm relying on yours :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jeannespines

I am always on the lookout for "owl" statues ... big resin ones or small & I put them right in the garden at the end of a row or whatever...I hope they keep the bunnies out...they're more of a plague for me!

We have an above the ground pool w/deck & my DH has mounted a big plastic 'turkey' on a pole that turns in the wind ...it has helped with Blackbirds who like to dump their goodies from cleaning their nests! LOL!

Also...you might try windsocks or one of those miniature flags on a shepherd's hook. Scarecrows are always good, too!

Don't have any pics at the moment...veggie garden not up too much. Good luck! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   June 3, 2011 at 10:55PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luna_llena_feliz

Anything that moves. I always liked the ideas of fake snakes but people with real snakes living nearby might not. lol! Cut junky windchimes would probably work well too. I remember people hanging the disposable aluminum pie tins in their gardens to discourage birds. You could have fun making a scarecrow but they don't always work well scaring the birds away.

Bookmark   June 4, 2011 at 4:58AM
More Discussions
New here...sorta
Hey y'all! I was here ages ago. Well, mostly on the...
valkyrja01
GJ Inspiration Albums on Photobucket
I've not been here in a long time, but thought I'd...
Purplemoon
Christmas Bottle Tree
I finally got around to making a Christmas bottle tree...
lindasewandsew
Hanging Garden Globes
Here's one of my favorite garden junk projects ever:...
janetgia
Thinking of turning this old water faucet into a short light post
I figured removing the faucet itself...and adding a...
cadillactaste
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™