Where do I go from here? Rehab my Lawn
I purchased my new house last fall and have started trying to rehabilitate my lawn. Right now its about 50% tall coarse Fescue, 10% Fine Fescue, 20% Henbit weed, 10% clover, 5% bermuda, and 5% Bare Spots.
Here is what I have done so far
1. I seeded Tall Coarse Fescue ( very cheap grass) with a drop seeder. just to get some quick growth, and fertilized. ( the 50% fescue mentioned above was because of this)
3 weeks ago
1. I mowed very low raked and pulled all the Henbit
2. Overseeded my front yard (5700 sqft)with 20lbs Vigoro RTF Tall Fescue
3. Added recommended amount of starter fertilizer
4. added 1/2 in. of compost
5. barely covered bare spots and Henbit spots with peat moss.
6. Have been watering 3 times a day 5-10 minutes
The Henbit is starting to grow back, but my seeds have'nt germinated because after the 10 days of 65-45 weather, it has been 45-35 weather.
Should I continue to pull up the henbit or will this disturb the seeds?
Also, is there anything I can do ATM or in the future?
Any help would be appreciated, I am very new at Lawn care / home ownership and this forum has taught me a lot because everyone is so helpful.