centuries old question...not really

nocturnalMarch 30, 2014

Hello guys,

I went to orange box and as usual the guy had no knowledge. So, here I am asking questions here and I am sure I will get the response to my question.

So, I picked up Lesco 19-0-7 Dimension Crabgrass preventer as I was not really satisfied with Scotts Turfbuilder with Halts. Now, both of them are sold as pre-emergent with fertilizer...so is it safe to assume that Lesco 19-0-7 can be used in place of Halts?

Also, here in MD it is raining today on Sunday, and Mon - Wed is going to be without rain, but will start raining again on Thursday. Can I apply Lesco 19-0-7 on Monday?

I am new homeowner and trying to learn all I can to keep my lawn green. My neighbors are all retired and maintain lush green lawns, and me working and being young has little time and almost no experience. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joneboy(7)

Yes you would be fine putting it out today. Dimension needs to be watered in with .5 " of rain or irrigation after application. However, if your in maryland there is no rush you have at least a couple of weeks. Yes the Lesco product takes the place of Halts.

Bookmark   March 31, 2014 at 5:33AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nocturnal

Thank you, Joneboy. You answered everything I wanted to know/assured of. I am starting fertilizing now.

Bookmark   March 31, 2014 at 11:45AM
More Discussions
Revitalizing and leveling sad lawn
I have a lawn in Northern California that is pretty...
jhalt
Poa Annua already making it's jump!
PA typically comes up here in April, we're mid Feb...
gsweater
I need lawn renovation help in Zone 7/8
I want to renovate my 24,000 sq ft lawn. The problem...
tless195
Is this sod completely dead? Any hope?
Our beautiful sod went from looking like this, after...
knatalie
just bought hybrid bermuda sod will be here in a week. any tips? Socal
hello all I live in southern california and have tifgreen...
bnsand210
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™