Watering Schedule, Bermuda Taking Over, any help appreciated!
Zone: 6a (Kansas)
Grass type: fescue
Current lawn issues:
1. Lawn was fried last summer, the hottest summer on record for my area, and drought to boot.
2. Crabgrass (every year, no matter what I do).
3. Neighbor two doors down has Bermuda, and last year neglected her lawn, so it went to seed in a lot of our lots... now I have Bermuda creeping into my lawn.
I am interesting in the "water deep" technique I keep reading about here, and since I will have my sprinklers turned on next month, I thought it might be a nice time to give it a try. I have a few questions for those of you who have tried it.
1. Has your water bill been higher? Or do you end up using the same amount of water, just all at once during a given week?
2. How do I know if I have watered down to an inch (may be a silly question, but I am kind of a novice at lawncare).
3. How long will it take to see the effects?
4. Also... (possibly off topically), any suggestions for Bermuda creeping into a fescue lawn?? I bought some spray that kills Bermuda, but not fescue, but have been scared to use it.