how bad did I hurt my bermuda?

Md_mike(7B)March 25, 2012

I sprayed roundup on my back yard to kill a weed infestation about 3 weeks ago. Bermuda all looked dormant - no green that I could see. Weeds took a huge hit as desired.

Now my front yard (not sprayed with roundup) is greening up nicely all over, while the back yard is showing just a little green here and there, but mostly just brown and dormant looking.

Did I screw up bad, or will the back yard recover OK? Did I kill it, or just set it back some? I'm feeling very worried!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texas-weed(7A)

Don't worry, you might of set it back, but not killed it. Is it possible you have micro-climatic differences between front and back? Like does the front yard get more sun and wind?

Dormant Bermuda is straw color. Dead Bermuda is darker and gray in color that turns to very dark almost black.

Bookmark   March 25, 2012 at 11:13PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Md_mike(7B)

Thanks texas-weed for the reply. I'm sure that the roundup did affect the back yard as there is one area that I did not spray that is greening up fine. The dormant looking areas that I did spray with RU are still the beige/brown color from all winter, not dead looking, so I guess I just wait for the bermuda to forgive me for abusing it with round up!

Mike

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 12:41PM
More Discussions
hydroseeding this spring or wait til fall?
hello - my lawn took a major hit last year even after...
duk748
I need lawn renovation help in Zone 7/8
I want to renovate my 24,000 sq ft lawn. The problem...
tless195
I need a lawn "redo". More weeds than grass and more...
Here's the skinny. We live in Jacksonville, FL. Everybody...
Rich Possert
Some suggested low maintenance grasses
Zone 5B, S.W. Nebraska Hot summers, typically dry....
deviantnic
poor top soil
I had what I thought was top soil brought in to fix...
olusteebus
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™