my first sparkler

grandma_cindy(5)July 19, 2010

Hmmm, I think I'm on the right track, but not satisfied yet. This was the last of the wire I had, and actually shorter than I would have liked. This was easy though, as I just stuck the wires into the cork. I want to get some of small glass gems/chips to fill the bottle with.

I had my hubby attach wires to a piece of copper pipe and attach that to the back of a knife, but I dont have those beaded yet.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

Turned out great! The gems in the bottle will be nice finishing touch! Where did you get such large beads? Jan

Bookmark   July 19, 2010 at 12:57AM
grandma_cindy(5)

The big clear round ones in the front are 18mm clear acrylic beads. Most of the other beads are glass - I only bought the ones on sale at Pat Catans LOL

Bookmark   July 19, 2010 at 9:28AM
chickiebabeblue

These look great. I'm glad you added pics as I thought the acrylic beads wouldn't sparkle enough; but they really do. Very nice.
Jeanne

Bookmark   July 19, 2010 at 10:48AM
grandma_cindy(5)

the store had these ladybug glass bead packs on sale for 77 cents, so I bought the last 8 LOL All the round red ones came in the packs, and this ladybug you see here in front.

Bookmark   July 19, 2010 at 11:49AM
excessfroufrou(7)

It does look like you are on the right track. Those beads are amazing. Keep us posted on the other one.
Frou

Bookmark   July 19, 2010 at 12:21PM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

Oh! Pretty. I forgot about sparklers and I was just at a bead and gem store that is fairly reasonably priced. I bought a few things to spice up plate flowers and totems only.
Thanks for the reminder about sparklers.
Kathy

Bookmark   July 19, 2010 at 1:36PM
pondgal(6a Pa.)

That looks absolutely great. LOVE the cork idea. Where do yo all get the wire at? What gauge is it? I see a new project in my future. lol Thanks!

Bookmark   July 19, 2010 at 5:42PM
Marlene Kindred

I think it turned out really nicely! Love the ladybug beads too! I was going to ask about the gauge size too!

Bookmark   July 19, 2010 at 7:02PM
sprout_wi(z4 WI)

CUTE!! The ladybug beads and seeing it in the great outdoors, really shows it off well. LOVE it!! Great job.
-Sprout

Bookmark   July 19, 2010 at 9:39PM
luna_llena_feliz

Very pretty! I love the ladybug beads. Oriental Trading Co. has some cute beads that are reasonably priced. Below is a link to some honey bee beads that would cost about 33 cents each. Great job on the sparkler!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bumblebee Lamwork Glass Beads

Bookmark   July 20, 2010 at 12:00AM
grandma_cindy(5)

I bought wire to use on the knives, and knew it wouldnt need to be real long. So I got a small sppol of 18 gauge jewelry wire to start off with. The knives have 8 wires each, and those are twice as long as the bottle wires. I only had enough for 2 knives and the wine bottle.
After a dr appt tomorrow, I can get started on the knives.
Thanks for the compliments!

Bookmark   July 20, 2010 at 12:09AM
oldcrafty(8)

Your sparkler looks really good. I like all the different color beads....gives it pizzaz. I have one in the making...seems as if the first one is always more or less a learning adventure!

Bookmark   July 22, 2010 at 11:35AM
More Discussions
Meep Meep
It's been blistering hot here. The pictures posted...
tinfoilhat
Flower Bed Bed Ideas
I was given two white plastic fence panels (similar...
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
Recycling old purses in the garden!
I would have never thought of this myself! I sure wish...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Working with crushed gemstones
Maybe this is a question to a wrong forum, but I see...
briergardener_gw
Dehydrator trays
Does anyone have ideas for recycling food dehydrator...
hokypuk
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™