two totems

grandma_cindy(5)July 19, 2010

My cousin and his girlfriend came over today to craft, as she was entralled by the glass totems she saw the last time she was here. They each made one: his is the green, here's has the blue in it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

Both very nice! Bet they had fun putting them together!! I like both the green glass & blue glass with the clear glass.You are lucky to have so many nice pieces of glass to work with, pretty glass is limited here. Jan

Bookmark   July 19, 2010 at 12:48AM
giggles1

Very nice!!!
I notice that the girlfriend placed the stem of a ?goblet? INSIDE the tall vase...
we should all remember to keep our minds OPEN! How often have we not used a piece simply because it didn't fit?!?!
Clearly, here's a unique method of "fitting"!
Thank her!

Bookmark   July 19, 2010 at 6:42AM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

Very nice! And how generous of you to share your stash. Do they have a garden to put them into?
Kathy

Bookmark   July 19, 2010 at 7:14AM
grandma_cindy(5)

Jan, they did have fun, and they'll be back on there next weekend off LOL I only wish I could find some red glass!

Giggles, see the blue/clear piece on the top? That's a piece I put together from a votive holder and a taper holder. The piece inside the vase is that matching piece to that!

Kathy, yes they do - each! The pieces werent dry enough to transport when they left, so I'm going to deliver them to her Wednesday. Oh, and she went to GW and brought some glass too!

Bookmark   July 19, 2010 at 9:36AM
chickiebabeblue

Gma Cindy,
Love the totems. When I have matching pieces I fit them together and put a blue bud vase underneath the "globe". I then put that on a copper stake in my garden. That looks nice too.
Jeanne

Bookmark   July 19, 2010 at 10:45AM
excessfroufrou(7)

I love these, blue and green are some of my favorite colors. It's nice to see your friends getting in on the fun. Good luck with the hunt for red glass it's hard to find here.
Frou

Bookmark   July 19, 2010 at 12:09PM
Marlene Kindred

Great job on both! Glad they had a good time making them! You have such nice glass platters and plates...they're getting hard to find in my area or they are too expensive.

Bookmark   July 19, 2010 at 7:10PM
More Discussions
Anybody on here from say 10 years ago?
looking for someone because I lost touch with them...
gardnpondr
Dehydrator trays
Does anyone have ideas for recycling food dehydrator...
hokypuk
Christmas Bottle Tree
I finally got around to making a Christmas bottle tree...
lindasewandsew
Changing landscape
We moved in 15 years ago. In the process of cutting...
arcy_gw
Flower Bed Bed Ideas
I was given two white plastic fence panels (similar...
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™