Evergreen bulb plans?

amccourNovember 21, 2010

It sounds like there's several in the Hyacinthaceae and Amaryllidaceae families although I'm not really sure what's what in those. Basically looking for stuff like Ledebourias and Haemanthuses. Or Clivias, maybe.

Also what about those South African Ornithogalum hybrids? Are those everygreen or not? Are they even viable indoors? I see those in stores in the spring but I've never found much info about them. I had a pregnant onion for a few years but it never really did much for me.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
birdsnblooms

Amccour, Ornithogalum is a Pregnant Onion. Yes, they're evergreen, and in spring/summer, given sufficient light, a tall stalk grows from the center vase. Flowers grow from the uppermost tip. Flowers aren't the main attraction though.

Clivia is evergreen, too. They go dormant in winter, but leaves remain. There are some beautiful specimens..

Ledebourias are evergreen, too. lol. The produce small, white w/purple/pink hue flowers in late winter until autumn. They do best in shallow bowls. There's several varieties, some w/spots deeply pronounced. Toni

Bookmark   November 23, 2010 at 5:44PM
More Discussions
Worried about my Philodendren, Please help!
Hi there everyone. I loved the help that I got about...
huskymom87
House Plants
Dracaenta Marginata
davers71
Mini garden
A long time ago I started working on this mini garden,...
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL
Who am I?
I was at WM and this fellow was on clearance and jumped...
savannaicus
Pachira browning
Hi, all! My Pachira needs help. The trunk is not soft...
deborahsab
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™