Anyone having a problem posting messages with pictures?

linnea56(z5 IL)November 20, 2011

I have used Tinypic for a long time on these forums. It's usually so easy and straightforward. (I don't want to have to set up an online album someplace and post from there: it's an added step, and thus far, Tinypic has allowed me to upload straight from my computer). Now, although I can get the image uploaded, and can see the preview page, the message will not post. I can click "submit," but nothing happens. I first tried it a few days ago. When it didn't work, I waited: but it is still not working. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kris_1(9)

Maybe try it with a different browser? I was able to post pictures okay using photobucket and firefox.

Bookmark   November 20, 2011 at 6:40PM
linnea56(z5 IL)

I only have one browser, Internet Explorer; and I don't want to have to set up a Photobucket account, when all I would ever do with it was post pictures here.

Bookmark   November 20, 2011 at 6:51PM
Kris_1(9)

Photobucket is annoying and slow, it's just what I'm used to. I didn't know tinypic lets you upload directly from the computer, that sounds much less annoying.

I switch between firefox and internet explorer... usually what doesn't work right with one, works fine with the other. Maybe there's a bug with a recent update to something, or maybe the internet is just being finicky. I'm a little nerdy, it helps to counteract the fact that technology tends to malfunction when I'm around...

There's a 'contact us' button at the bottom of the screen... maybe someone who works on the site could help? Could be that it's a known bug they're working on fixing or something. I'm new here, I just know that switching browsers usually works when I have a problem with a website.

Bookmark   November 20, 2011 at 7:38PM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL(8B AL)

Interesting. All I knew about tinypic before was that people use it to post spam on youtube. Maybe they've changed something to make spamming youtube easier and it's affecting the more legitimate uses of the facility.

FWIW, I chose imageshack since photobucket seems to have gone to tiny pictures, nearly as small as those you can include with the GW feature.

Bookmark   November 21, 2011 at 9:37AM
linnea56(z5 IL)

People were using Tinypic extensively on the Home Improvement forums. That's how I found out about it. As it turned out, I was posting the link in the URL box, whereas it was supposed to go right into my text. I had not used it much, so forgot. Now I have corrected my notes so I'll know what to do next time.

Bookmark   November 23, 2011 at 12:31PM
More Discussions
Dying Calathea Plant
Hello all! I have recently started getting interested...
avanns
Money tree problems
Hi, I'm having some trouble with my Money Tree. It...
jl108
I believe this is a corn plant... it's blooming and very frangrant!
I recently acquired this house plant from someone that...
kinziestarr
Peperomia "Rosso"
I bought this plant recently....does anyone else have...
RioSeven
A lighter gritty mix and a 5-1-1 question
Hey, So I love gritty mix and only have a few plants...
hottomato99
Sponsored Products
Compamia Diva Resin Outdoor Dining Armchair - Set of 4 - ISP028-BLA
$399.99 | Hayneedle
My Sunshine Throw Pillow Cover
$29.99 | Dot & Bo
Modern Classics Tan and Frappe Rectangular: 5 Ft. x 8 Ft. Rug
$876.60 | Bellacor
Gridiron Benches Set of 3 in Silver
$1,247.00 | LexMod
Home Decorators Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Home Decorators Collection Rugs
Home Depot