New Gnomes

cait1July 2, 2010

I was telling my GF that I haven't found a concrete gnome in ages and then decided to check out ebay. Now the only time I ever saw concrete gnomes on ebay was about 5 years ago and they were up in Queensland (I'm in Victoria - that's a distance of say NY to FL) so I wasn't really very hopeful.

But then again, ya nevuh know.

And LO and Behold! Two of the most gorgeous vintage gnomes and only about 3 hours away! So I place my bid and got them for only $10 each. Too much, you say? Well, these are mega size gnomes! The smaller one is 19" tall and the other is 26" tall. And that tall one is HEAVY! I'm in Gnome Heaven!

I will not be touching up the paint on the bigger one, but will give the smaller one 'new shoes'. I'll get them out of my house probably in Spring. I'm enjoying looking at them too much right now! HA!

Enjoy!

Cait

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Purplemoon

I don't think you paid too much for those big guys at all. Congratulations! They will look wonderful
in your garden. Be sure and show us their new gnome home
when your Spring comes and they move outside. ;o>

hugs, Karen

Bookmark   July 2, 2010 at 5:13AM
marleneann(Buderim, Australia.)

Very unusual for such a weighty thing to be on ebay.
You did well!

Bookmark   July 2, 2010 at 5:14AM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

$10 was a real bargain I think!
Did you ever cast concrete ones from the molds that you got, I think it was at a flea market?
Kathy

Bookmark   July 2, 2010 at 6:45AM
nonacook(8bFL)

Glad to 'see' you, Cait! Nice Gnomes....
Let us hear from you more often!

Bookmark   July 2, 2010 at 9:41AM
kacram

LOL... yep, $10 .. good buy!

Bookmark   July 2, 2010 at 10:51AM
excessfroufrou(7)

By far the cutest vintage gnomes I've see. The little one has the cutest face ever. I like the vintages ones much better than the new ones, but I pretty much like vintage everything.
Frou

Bookmark   July 2, 2010 at 10:51AM
nanatricia

cool!!!!

Bookmark   July 2, 2010 at 12:52PM
Calamity_J(z7bc)

Yup, Def a GREAT Score!!! Hangin' with my gnomies!!! I just scored one for free, and he needs major cosmetic surgery, but I am planning a gnome garden for him and another one I have...getting a real "collection" goin'!!

Bookmark   July 2, 2010 at 1:56PM
jeannespines

I can see why you're in Gnome Heaven! Awesome buys! And I know how much you love 'em! The tall guy reminds me of celebrating at the end of a day of hard work! TFS! They will look great in your Gnome Gardens! Jeanne s.

Bookmark   July 3, 2010 at 12:06AM
sunnyca_gw

Love the detail & they are happy gnomes!! Plus large size so will show up even when the plants grow!! Jan

Bookmark   July 3, 2010 at 1:54AM
cait1

Thanks all!

I'm thinking the larger one will be on one side of the bridge to the gnome garden - the 'welcome' gnome.

Jane I love the 'hangin' with my gnomies'! Too funny!

Kathy, I did cast two of them. I know I did a post showing how they came out, but I'll post 'em here again for you.

I still need to paint them, though.

Bookmark   July 3, 2010 at 11:56AM
spedigrees z4VT

Nice ebay find, Cait! Your vintage gnomes are so unique looking. I love the two that you cast yourself as well. Are the molds reusable?

Bookmark   July 3, 2010 at 3:03PM
Marlene Kindred

Wow Cait! What a deal! I really like these vintage guys and they are in pretty good shape too! Great find!

Bookmark   July 3, 2010 at 5:46PM
luna_llena_feliz

Ten bucks too much? Heck no! I love 'em both. Being from the Beer Capital (Milwaukee, WI), I like the big guy on the keg. But the little guy sure has a cute face. Be sure to post pictures of them in their gnome garden come spring. I like the way your two dwarves aka gnomes turned out from the molds too. It kind of looks like Doc and Sneezy. Can't wait to see them painted.

Bookmark   July 3, 2010 at 9:32PM
cait1

Spedigrees, yes, the moulds are re-uasable. I think DH paid $25 for the whole set of the 7 dwarfs and Snow White. $35? Maybe someone here will remember. HA!

Bookmark   July 4, 2010 at 11:41AM
More Discussions
Recycling old purses in the garden!
I would have never thought of this myself! I sure wish...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Hi all
I couldn't edit the subject...sorry ... I was thinking...
msjay2u
Hanging Garden Globes
Here's one of my favorite garden junk projects ever:...
janetgia
GJ Inspiration Albums on Photobucket
I've not been here in a long time, but thought I'd...
Purplemoon
Flower Bed Bed Ideas
I was given two white plastic fence panels (similar...
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™