A little about me

wyndrose(8)November 24, 2013

I thought I would give a little back ground on me. I don't know alot about plants my mom and aunt are nutts about plants and have sent me houseplants every spring. I can keep them going about a month then I lose them. About 2 years ago a women from church ask me to help her redo her flowerbeds she gave me some for helping her. Those I can keep alive and enjoy working with them . Now my sons friends started bring plants they are finding in empty houses they clean after people move out.
Well that is about it I just hope I can keep them going

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

Welcome! I hope that you'll allow us to help you be successful. There is a lot of experience and knowledge in this forum. Knowledge is THE key.

If you spend some time reading through some of the old threads, you'll learn that everything is important when it comes to growing healthy houseplants....the potting medium quality, humidity, light, fertilization, temperature, proper watering, and more.

If you ever need to ask the forum for some help with a plant for any reason, it will be very useful to attach good images. If you don't know what kinds of plants you're being given, we can certainly help with identification.

Bookmark   November 25, 2013 at 5:01AM
tapla (mid-MI z5b-6a)

Wyndrose - I agree with Dori. Knowledge rules when it comes to being able to consistently bring along healthy plant material. Fortunately, focusing on just a few key things so you get them right can make your growing experience rewarding from the outset. While experience can be a useful learning tool, it's most valuable when used to validate what you've learned. Experience that's a derivative of trial and error is expensive because what we learn usually comes from being bitten on the butt by our errors. Most of that sort of 'learning' is entirely avoidable by acquiring the knowledge first.

Welcome ....... and best luck!

Al

Bookmark   November 26, 2013 at 5:13PM
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL

"Now my sons friends started bring plants they are finding in empty houses they clean after people move out." How cool! I would never have thought about such a thing. Does this happen often? Sending good vibes!

Bookmark   November 29, 2013 at 12:05PM
wyndrose(8)

It doesn't happen much maybe once every 4 months this month it has happened alot they just left gave me 3 more they look like cactus to me

Bookmark   November 29, 2013 at 8:05PM
More Discussions
Zebra cactus update - still not looking great?
Ok, so I first posted at the end of January about my...
niknac
Diatomaceous Earth vs. Fired Clay in Gritty Mix
I've seen Napa Floor-Dry (8822), which is diatomaceous...
kwie2011
Planting Zones
I need to know the Zone for Toronto, Ontario, Canada....
bobv2
Avocado Plant Dying
I bought this grafted dwarf Wurtz avocado tree this...
nobbyv77
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™