Delayed Tenacity Reaction?

gsweaterMarch 2, 2013

I blanket sprayed Tenacity 2 weeks ago today at rec. rate on the north side of my house. In the first week or so, really saw nothing happen. However, in the last 2 days the grass finally appears to be going "ghost". I expected results sooner based on experience from last year. Just curious if anyone has any input, what is a prime temp to apply this? I suspect temp has something to do with the delayed reaction since it's warmed considerably over the last week.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
andy10917(NY 6a)

It might be the lower temps or it might be that whitening seems less pronounced after Tenacity has been used a couple of times. It doesn't work any less effectively, just less whitening of surrounding turf. BTW, Tenacity is definitely affected by the rate of metabolism of the grass it is applied to.

Bookmark   March 2, 2013 at 10:01PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gsweater

Thanks Andy. I hadn't used since Oct., where I had more "immediate" (i.e. within a week) results. I was a bit surprised to see it go this long (and hang on), to give results. No complaints about Tenacity, but just checking to see if temp has to do with it. As you mentioned, metabolism does, which is based on temp typically. Appreciate the help Andy!!!

Bookmark   March 2, 2013 at 10:55PM
More Discussions
Lawn after so much snow…what do I need to know?
A newbie here so I haven't maintained a lawn for a...
Pippin
Artificial Grass Maintenance?
I'm newbie in gardening. I want to know what kind of...
kevin497
Bermudagrass seeds from big box store
I had great luck with a certain name brand seed last...
ReelJake
Shady lawn in winter - what seed is best?
Hi, I have a small garden in London, England. Because...
Blighty
I need a lawn "redo". More weeds than grass and more...
Here's the skinny. We live in Jacksonville, FL. Everybody...
Rich Possert
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™