Is This the Creepiest Gnome?

Calamity_J(z7bc)July 23, 2011

Okay, I GOTTA share how I came to have this Gnome...cuz it isn't his fault he is sooo creepy!!! I found him in a dump pile and he was all ...shall we say> coming down with a serious case of leperosy? Old and decaying...then I used cement plug and gave him a pit free coating...but I also covered him with a paint brush coating of mortar...that hasn't bid him well, then gave him a new paint job.....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
toomuchglass(5)

Yikes !!!!! It's an attack gnome !

LOL

Bookmark   July 23, 2011 at 11:47AM
laurastheme(8)

OMG! I think I would have given up on him before I even started. You did a good job on a hopeless case.

Bookmark   July 23, 2011 at 1:19PM
chelcass(Z5 Michigan, U.P.)

Awe! He's not so bad. A little pink in the face and perhaps the teeth need to be ground down a bit. lol He certainly is a happy looking fellow. Nope! I would have snagged him too.

Bookmark   July 23, 2011 at 2:53PM
9bark(6 semi-desert)

Haha! Yes!!!!!

Bookmark   July 23, 2011 at 3:25PM
sorie6(6b ok.)

The vampire Gnome!! you did a good job!!

Bookmark   July 23, 2011 at 6:10PM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

Poor little guy probably has mental health issues after being dumped at the dump because of his leprosy!
I think he is a guard gnome. Id think twice before walking by him!
Kathy

Bookmark   July 23, 2011 at 6:11PM
jeannespines

A visit to the mortuary might help tame him down a bit! LOL! He looked like a happy, dirty fella in his before life! I'm just happy that you 'recycled' him & gave him some new life again! Jeanne S.

Bookmark   July 23, 2011 at 10:32PM
luna_llena_feliz

He'd make a great Halloween decoration that's for sure! lol I like how your brought him back from the dead.

Bookmark   July 23, 2011 at 11:05PM
Calamity_J(z7bc)

LOL! hee ho! I did give his pink face a better tone and got rid of the fangs...but it was fun to see the look on her face! I just got another one and he has flaking white paint, but is in really good shape so he will be getting his makeover soon too and join the other 3 already back there.

Bookmark   July 24, 2011 at 2:15AM
chelcass(Z5 Michigan, U.P.)

Cool! be sure to post pictures of all your gnomes. Can't wait to see the *new guy*

Bookmark   July 24, 2011 at 11:20AM
marylee_2010

Calamity...Good job! You certainly are a rescuer of down but not out projects. Way to go! By the way..did you paint the scene in your first picture? If so, it is awesome.

Marylee

Bookmark   July 24, 2011 at 11:21AM
garden2garden(z8 FL)

Haha. Had to laugh out loud when I scrolled down and saw him. What personality. I'd put him sitting on a pedestal or stump at the gate to the garden, just like that. He looks like he's rubbing his hands together with an evil laugh, saying "Can I help you??? Why don't you come into the garden...bwahaha"
TFS. Glad he's with you and not the dump.

Bookmark   July 24, 2011 at 12:36PM
Calamity_J(z7bc)

Marylee, that first pic of the gnome is him sitting in my art room, and he has a poster of a famous Tiffany stained glass pic behind him, I do stained glass once in a while...when I am not making garden art or rescuing gnomes!lol!

Bookmark   July 24, 2011 at 1:32PM
nutmeg4061(5b)

Calamity, I love it! Too funny! I recently found this crazy "zombie gnomes" idea on Etsy. Great idea for Halloween decos! Yours could go center stage come October, lol.

Here is a link that might be useful: zombie-gnomes

Bookmark   July 28, 2011 at 1:57AM
Calamity_J(z7bc)

OMG!!! My DD is so into those zombie movies, sheesh, that I just sent her that link, she will get such a kick out of that!ha! I think I'll stick to my poorly painted "nice" gnomes! I did mention I redid his teeth didn't I?!;-)

Bookmark   July 28, 2011 at 11:29AM
spedigrees z4VT

I think he looked like a coal mining gnome in his previous life! Would love to see how he looks now that you've toned down his halloween "after" persona. And, like Chelcass, I'd love to see a group photo of your entire gnome troup!

Bookmark   July 28, 2011 at 2:44PM
More Discussions
msn garden junk-sad
As some of you know, MSN is closing! I am sorry to...
nonacook
A Birdhouse Trellis
Here is a birdhouse trellis I made this summer from...
kirkus
Craft fairs and Garden Junk
I know this really isn't the time of year to find Garden...
toomuchglass
Changing landscape
We moved in 15 years ago. In the process of cutting...
arcy_gw
Thinking of turning this old water faucet into a short light post
I figured removing the faucet itself...and adding a...
cadillactaste
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™