'spring' blossom

oldcrafty(8)July 23, 2010

Found this last week at a GS couldn't resist it! It was originally rusty and green but I quickly saw it in a new life. Washed it up real good gave it a coat of primer and then painted the blossom hot pink and the stem lime and wa-la a "SPRING" Blossom!!

href="http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy299/aoesterr/?action=view¤t=HPIM8000.jpg" target="_blank">n and wa-la a "SPRING" Blossom!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kirkus(5a)

What a GREAT idea! STUNNING! Makes you stop in your tracks to look...then you start looking at everything in the garden. That's what garden art is about...gets us to stop, slow down, and take it all in. INSPIRING!!!! Love the color! GREAT IDEA! Last year, I kept passing an old rusty bedspring along a road...thinking garden art. When I finally thought to bring it home, it was gone. :o( Gotta act quickly and think later! LOL Thanks for sharing a beautiful creation! You could sell these! Bear Hugs! Kirk

Bookmark   July 23, 2010 at 12:08PM
sunnyca_gw

Beautiful & brings out the pink veins in the leaves of the nearby plants. Was it all together like that or were they individual springs? Makes a great addition to your garden! Jan

Bookmark   July 23, 2010 at 12:38PM
oldcrafty(8)

It was all put together when I bought it. I think the lady saw a gleam in my eye and knew I WANTED it. It didn't have a price tag on it so with that gleam glowing brightly in my eye she chimed in $2.00 and of course I said SOLD! Didn't really want to spend that much but am glad I did as I really like the way it turned out. I think the springs may have been off of a trampolene or possibly a baby bed. They are very stiff and they appear to just be wrapped around a heavy iron post. Just wish the post would have been longer but I can inprovise that simple problem.

Bookmark   July 23, 2010 at 12:46PM
Calamity_J(z7bc)

Good score and Love what you did with it...gotta have Hot pink in the yard!!!! And my fav green is that lime green!

Bookmark   July 23, 2010 at 12:52PM
excessfroufrou(7)

OMGoodness! Wow! What kind of paint is that, I've never seen anything like it. It's crazy, insane cuteness. Love it.
Frou

Bookmark   July 23, 2010 at 2:15PM
Marlene Kindred

Now that is what I call BRIGHT! It looks really awesome with your dark veined caladiums!

Bookmark   July 23, 2010 at 3:07PM
sprout_wi(z4 WI)

You are on a ROLL. OK, now THIS is my favorite thing you've done. What was it in it's past life - was it a yard ornament? I LOVE the colors. Bet it makes a SWEEEET! complement with your flamingo sparkler.
-Sprout

Bookmark   July 23, 2010 at 6:14PM
jeannespines

WOW! Look at that! GREAT RECYCLE! Hot pink flowers are a fav of mine! TFS! Jeanne S. (love rust, too!)

Bookmark   July 23, 2010 at 7:13PM
grandma_cindy(5)

Cute cute cute! Like hot pink corkscrew bamboo!

Bookmark   July 23, 2010 at 7:41PM
goldenpond((Vero.Beach FL 9b))

WOW now that there adds pizazz to a yard!\tanya

Bookmark   July 23, 2010 at 8:44PM
luna_llena_feliz

I love it ... spring blossom. he-he That color really pops in the garden and compliments your caladium. I think it was well worth the $2!

Bookmark   July 24, 2010 at 1:50AM
laurastheme(8)

That's awesome!!! And you put it in the right spot. Sure brings out the pink veins in the leaves.

Bookmark   July 24, 2010 at 9:40PM
More Discussions
Need to repurpose a leaking birdbath
Yesterday was one of the nicest days in ages; I could...
patty2430
Christmas Bottle Tree
I finally got around to making a Christmas bottle tree...
lindasewandsew
Changing Landscape part TWO
The time has come. A new idea is a must come spring....
arcy_gw
Glass Totems at Longwood Garden
I was amazed to see several glass totem bird baths...
frankielynnsie
A Birdhouse Trellis
Here is a birdhouse trellis I made this summer from...
kirkus
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™