Weed B Gone and Mowing

jdruding(7)April 1, 2010

I'm going to be hitting my weeds with Weed B Gone in a few days. Some of them are getting quite tall. How long after I apply it should I wait before mowing so I don't reduce the effectiveness? I'm presuming I have to wait some time until the chemical is fully drawn into the plant?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mudman72785(z5NY)

You can probably mow a day later but I always mow first so I don't have to worry about it because then I won't be mowing again for 4 or 5 days.

Bookmark   April 1, 2010 at 11:56AM
jdruding(7)

Could mowing in advance cause a similar problem in that you reduce the surface area that the chemical can affect?

Bookmark   April 1, 2010 at 1:55PM
botanicalbill(9b SWFlorida)

Let the weeds grow tall, dont mow, apply weedbgone and then DONT MOW. Wait at least a week because the chemicals are in the leafs killing the plant. If you mow right away so weeds will come back.

Bookmark   April 1, 2010 at 4:11PM
mudman72785(z5NY)

I mow before I spray but I mow on the highest setting so a lot of the leaves of the weeds are left to absorb the chemical. I haven't had any problems and the weeds usually still die off. I mostly just have the ground ivy stuff which is a pain to kill and I sometimes have to spray it twice if I have to, once to stun it then a 2nd like a week later to kill it.

Bookmark   April 1, 2010 at 11:10PM
More Discussions
Termite in my yard
I have termites eating my grass roots and killing the...
kmiec
Re-seeding tall fescue in winter
My tall fescue lawn has become really sparse. So I'm...
LeonidasBigalowIV
Grass & pine straw in winter
Part of my yard St Augustine grass, much of which is...
tao55
Lawn drainage on the cheap?
My husband and I bought a house in November, and have...
galiana
Artificial Grass Maintenance?
I'm newbie in gardening. I want to know what kind of...
kevin497
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™