Sparkler idea

giggles1July 20, 2010

This morning, I was watching That's Clever on HGTV. A woman took a paint stick and wire to make a tambourine. She used bottle caps and jarlids for the clappers - painted them up really bright.

In our desires to re-use items, it occured to me that these could be used along with beads in the sparklers!

In my house, we drink a lot of diet Snapple... glueing 2 together, drilling a hole, painting it a hot color, it would add pizzazzzz to the beads.

1 or 2 lt bottle caps offer that nice ridging.

While glass beads are nice, todays gloss paints are super kewl too! I'm using up all the wood beads I have laying around too - just painting them.

Been looking at all the gems & beads I have that are just too small for a sparkler - they'd be great to cover the lids.

Also, I have a button collection, no reason those can't be used.

HTH

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pondgal(6a Pa.)

Hi giggles, you mentioned your gems and beads. Are you a beader? I am, I make mostly earrings, but starting to play a bit with bracelets. I LOVE my beads. I have a bunch (understatement) that I can't use and am going to try this Sparkler.

I can't seem to find out though what gauge wire is everyone using?

Bookmark   July 20, 2010 at 4:12PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grandma_cindy(5)

I used 18 gauge on my wine bottle and knife sparklers. At first I bought jewelry wire, but you dont get much on a roll, so it gets expensive. Last night I went to lowes and got wire packaged for suspended ceiling installation. It's 18g, and 100 ft long. I sure didnt want to go buy 1/2 mile's worth LOL
Most importantly you need to find wire that fits the beads! :-D

Bookmark   July 21, 2010 at 9:13AM
More Discussions
GJ Inspiration Albums on Photobucket
I've not been here in a long time, but thought I'd...
Purplemoon
Working with crushed gemstones
Maybe this is a question to a wrong forum, but I see...
briergardener_gw
Dehydrator trays
Does anyone have ideas for recycling food dehydrator...
hokypuk
Changing Landscape part TWO
The time has come. A new idea is a must come spring....
arcy_gw
Meep Meep
It's been blistering hot here. The pictures posted...
tinfoilhat
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™