Corridor 127 Longest Yard Sale in August

soinspired(6 (Central IN))July 13, 2010

The Corridor 127 Longest Yard Sale is Aug. 5-7th. We've been twice. If you've never gone, it is such a fun event. My DH & I found several great treasure. However, finding a motel without having reservations is really difficult.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
leveta(6)

Ours is the first weekend in Oct. Hwy 60 yard sale in Ky. 200 miles long. Could be a little more this yr.

Bookmark   July 13, 2010 at 2:21PM
soonergirl1968(7a OKC)

I have wanted to go to that for years!!! What a blast! Just wish it wasn't so far!

Bookmark   July 13, 2010 at 6:30PM
concretenprimroses(4B NH)

sounds like a lot of fun. WE have a town nearby that has a townwide yard sale with maps. Also a bunch of people set up int he park downtown. Is pretty amazing. I like the idea of driving down one road.
Kathy

Bookmark   July 13, 2010 at 10:10PM
luna_llena_feliz

Sounds like a blast! We have done the 100 Mile Garage Sale along the Mississippi River in Wisconsin and Minnesota. I have found lots of great stuff ... and even better stuff that was left at the curb for free! That one is the first weekend in May. My husband isn't too fond of going for some reason despite his love of junk and yard sales. I think he hates when we meet up with a bunch of friends and we try to stick together in separate cars and fail miserably. he-he Maybe I can talk him into it next year.

Bookmark   July 13, 2010 at 11:05PM
bverste(zone 5)

I have done both garage sales and loved the 127 one, but it wauge garage sales too hot! the 100 mile one is generally chilly. there are some town wide sales here, and in September there is a long garage sale that follow Highway 34 in Iowa from Ottumwa to Mt Pleasant for Old thresher's Reunion. Love those "rolling garage sales" and there are some websites that list alot of them and the dates. http://yardsaledreamland.com/

Bookmark   July 16, 2010 at 8:30PM
Marlene Kindred

I would LOVE to go to one of these, but none are even remotely close to me. I'm going to hit that website that bverste listed though...maybe I'll find one this year!

Bookmark   July 17, 2010 at 6:55PM
nonacook(8bFL)

Soinspired, have you been to the highway 40 sale from Terre Haute to Richmond? The next one seems to be starting May 25, 2011.

Bookmark   July 17, 2010 at 7:53PM
soinspired(6 (Central IN))

Oh, Nonacook! No, I haven't heard of this one! Its definitely on my list now. Found website on it. (Doing the happy dance.) Thanks so much.

Bookmark   July 19, 2010 at 2:55PM
More Discussions
Glass Totems at Longwood Garden
I was amazed to see several glass totem bird baths...
frankielynnsie
Re purposing A Window
Hi, I just got all new windows for my house, and don't...
gabby811 6 NJ
A Birdhouse Trellis
Here is a birdhouse trellis I made this summer from...
kirkus
Changing landscape
We moved in 15 years ago. In the process of cutting...
arcy_gw
Christmas Bottle Tree
I finally got around to making a Christmas bottle tree...
lindasewandsew
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™