Cement Crosses

oldcrafty(8)July 12, 2010

Trying to post pics again!!

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
excessfroufrou(7)

That is very pretty, is that staind glass on it?
Frou

Bookmark   July 12, 2010 at 3:38PM
oldcrafty(8)

Yes it is stained glass

Bookmark   July 12, 2010 at 5:51PM
Marlene Kindred

I sent you an email oldcrafty about posting pictures...I hope it will help. What I can see is really beautiful!! Did you make these cement crosses yourself? If so, we need details and instructions please!

Bookmark   July 12, 2010 at 6:55PM
nanatricia

Those are all very pretty!

Bookmark   July 12, 2010 at 10:30PM
nanagrandma(9 SouthWest, Calif)

Oh those are beautiful! I would love to see the rest of your Crosses, but larger, I am sure the detailed work you did will be a sight to behold!

NanaGrandma

Bookmark   July 13, 2010 at 12:38AM
sunnyca_gw

Beautiful! Jan

Bookmark   July 13, 2010 at 1:28AM
luna_llena_feliz

Very pretty! Is the angel a little statue? I'm with the other folks that would like to see bigger pictures. These old eyes need HUGE pictures. lol! Keep those pictures coming in any size!

Bookmark   July 13, 2010 at 1:59AM
Calamity_J(z7bc)

Lovely job, I want to make a very large one for my yard, was thinking of a celtic one,oh about 5ft high!!! Can I hear an AMEN!? Thanks for posting, I forgot about that project/idea!!!heh heh!

Bookmark   July 13, 2010 at 11:16AM
oldcrafty(8)

I went on line and ordered a cement mold after seeing and buying one already made at a craft show. Just loved the one I bought and decided I needed more. So far have made about 20 and most of them have been given away! Full strenghth cement was too heavy so I add Vermiculite in place of some of the sand and makes easier to handle as they don't weigh so much. On the flat ones with no figurine I put the glas in first and pour the cement on top, let cure 24 hours and then flip out of the mold. I have been a real regular at GS's and thrift shops looking for "just right" figurines to put in the centers. The one posted is a ceramic angle that used to be a shelf sitter. This one was made for a relative that had breast cancer. Told her that was her guardian angel. My ideas are running wild, I have one with a ceremic rose, a little girl figurine, a wall cross with a little boy praying for a toddler, birds, and I want to do one with deer antlers. for those done with figurines I pour the cement in, place the figure where I want it and let cure. Then I glue on the glas, let cure, then grout, let cure and then seal.

Bookmark   July 13, 2010 at 3:33PM
More Discussions
Looking for fellow aussies - I've got glass to get rid of!
Hi Folk I started on the exciting journey of glass...
aussie_mum
Using paint samples outside ?
Hi all ! I was wondering if anyone knows if we can...
Lilyfinch z7 mid tn
Flower Bed Bed Ideas
I was given two white plastic fence panels (similar...
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
Good garden markers needed soon
Does anyone know where I can get good garden markers?...
Corkelcol
Changing Landscape part TWO
The time has come. A new idea is a must come spring....
arcy_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™