HELP! Ficus With Brown Spots & Dropping Leaves
I have a five foot tall Ficus with a braided trunk that has gradually been losing leaves (about a dozen a week or more) since I purchased it 5 months ago. Attached are pictures of the Fiscus. Here are my questions related to stopping the leaf drop:
1. Is this a Ficus Amstel King? Or what type is it?
2. What are these brown spots and how do I treat them? (I have sprayed the plant four times over the past month with "Safer Brand Organic Garden Fungicide" and the brown spots and leaf drop continues.)
3. I have been watering the tree once a week. I check the top soil and water when dry but I wonder if twice a month (less) is better?
4. I think the plant needs more light. I don't have a better spot to move it to but am considering mounting a grow light from the ceiling. Any advice for or against this?
5. I have been fertilizing with a 10-15-10 Schultz Plant Food Plus Fertilizer once a week with watering. There is a moderate amount of new plant growth. Any recommendations better or different fertilizing?